Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scoured different keyword uses and the only thing I ever found was someone on a sprinter forum trying to install a CB radio. Has anyone used the single dins in the headliner of the MR or HR for an rv headunit? It seems like a decent place to mount one of the bluetooth, dvd, cd combo units and connect it to a tv and some speakers in the rear. Am I oversimplifying it because I see an empty spot for something? I'd love to add a simple stereo and a 24" tv and wire it separately of the starting system (aka not utilize the factory radio)

·
Super Moderator
1,660 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Others have used that area to install switches. In Europe the digital log of drivers hours goes in one slot and a bank of switches fits in the other slot.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
24 inch tv ?
12 volt or powered from Invertor?
I have a 12 volt tv and might switch to a 110 volt tv because I think I read that
some of the 110 volt units have a better display.

However it seems if I use a Invertor that I would have to power the Invertor on and then power on the tv , I'm not for sure how to power everything on with a
single remote controlled button.

I did have a 110 volt tv that when I powered it on it would stay in the on position, so I could turn it on and off by unplugging and plugging in the 110 volt cord , that means if I plugged it into a Invertor the tv would be off when the Invertor is off and on when the Invertor is on.
So I could use a Invertor that has a remote on/off to control the tv on/off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts