Ford Transit USA Forum banner

481 - 500 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
As of yesterday, ETA is 11-30 to 12-06 (was 12-9 to 12-16), about 1.5 week sooner.

Signed the Build Out / deposited $1000 on 9-21 so 10 -> 11 weeks end-to-end (if latest ETA proves true).

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
They probably either got it on a earlier train schedule or it may be coming by transport directly from the plant. You dealer can look on the Ford system and it should tell if it is on a rail car or scheduled on a transport company hauler.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,822 Posts
My Transit was due to be built yesterday then sent offsite for the the remote start installation. I've tried tracking it through ETIS and COTUS, and all I get is a reference stating "Transit V363, 3.5L V6 GTDI". I've seen the screen output from other users who get back a list of options, details, etc. but I get very minimal information and details. Anyone have any luck recently with ETIS getting a hold of current information or more details?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Remember that the window sticker date is just a projected build date and the actual date can be off by a few days. I have seen it be up to 3 dates later but usually within a day or so in most cases.

I just looked early this AM on the Vehicle Visibility and probably too early to see if it has completed build. Probably out now and in the process of going to Quality Control. Will know later today as I am traveling so when I get back here I will check it again.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,822 Posts
Assuming the build is delayed a few days, at some point will they update the window sticker with the actual build date or do they just keep the estimated date on there? Also, any idea why ETIS shows no information at all when others have been able to see their list of options several days and even weeks prior to build ?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
That projected build date you see at the top of the online window sticker NEVER shows up on your ACTUAL window sticker. The only one that does is the one at the bottom which is the billing date of the Transit to your dealer.

Your only source for the ACTUAL BUILD DATE is ETIS. It shows the date once the Transit passes through Quality Control and the date is keyed into the system.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
A few of the 2020 Transit window stickers are finally showing up. Remember that if you have a Transit in production, you should be able to see the online window sticker about 10 days BEFORE the build date. That has been the case for most of the time in the past and looks to be the case now for the 2020 model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a build date of yesterday. For a while the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking worked -- I was able to get the window sticker and all that jazz but for a week it has returned nothing (system error, try again later). Am I missing something?? ETIS doesn't seem to actually work either (just generic pic of wrong model -- window sticker is correct)

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is so annoying...reached out to Ford and got the "call your dealer" spiel...even though I specifically referenced the order tracking not working ... tried 'feedback on this website' --- DEAD link. If you're going to have a website ... at least make it reliably functional. I hope my van is of higher quality than Ford's online functionality.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Your dealer has the Ford Vehicle Visibility report that can tell you where the van is located as far as the build cycle. Looking at the date at the top of the online window sticker tells you the projected build date. Then once the vehicle has completed its build, it will show 'RELEASED' which tells you it has past Quality Control area. It will go to a holding lot where it will stay until it get loaded on a ramp area for loading into a rail car for transportation to the Regional Distribution Center where it is offloaded and then transported to the dealer.

481 - 500 of 503 Posts