Ford Transit USA Forum banner

461 - 480 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks, Joe ! I tried it and it came back saying that the window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle. When in relation to build dates are window stickers typically released ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I believe CrewVanMan said usually 7-10 days prior. Mine showed up 11 days before build.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was able to access my window sticker today-- see attached. One small piece of disappointing news -- according to the code at the top, the build date is 4/21 rather than 4/18 as my dealer was informed. I'm checking into that further.
I assume that the indicated method of transportation -- "Convoy" means that our Transit Wagon medium roof will come to my dealer here in Georgia by truck rather than by rail. So hopefully that may get it here faster since it won't have to wait on those special rail cars.
Any input appreciated !

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
They wont flat bed it unless it's under 500 miles from the plant and then that's even debatable.
Next up is to watch ETIS when you get your date there the van is built. When it shows all of your options that means it passed through QC. Then the dreaded shipping via rail or wait in the rail yard. May you get it soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Have my VIN and window sticker. Dealer just told me that it's due to be built next week, Monday thru Thursday. That's the third date I've been given. First was week of 11-14 and second was week of 11-21. Ordered on 9-19-16.

Edit: Etis still shows 11-14-16 build date. Window sticker build date makes no sense: 120161109 ??

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
73shark

Window sticker date is the projected build date at the time the window sticker is printed on the system and billed to the dealer. The numbers are 1 2016 11 09 which is 11/9/2016 and etis gives you the ACTUAL BUILD DATE.

fromtaipei

You have to remember the plant is closed over the Christmas/New Years holidays so your projected build date is probably correct.

·
Registered
132 Posts
73shark

You have to remember the plant is closed over the Christmas/New Years holidays so your projected build date is probably correct.
CrewVanMan - Thanks for your info. Safe trip getting your new Van, and post photos. Happy for you.

We are in Houston/Austin area and maybe someday we will have a Transit Gathering for the South Central Region. Sure like to meet and learn from all Tranist owners ...

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The 11/21/2017 date is the PROJECTED BUILD DATE based on what is expected at the time the window sticker is printed. The FINAL BUILD DATE will come up on Etis.

If no extreme weather happens between Kansas City and Bloomington, MN after the Transit is built, that is close to the delivery time expected to your dealership.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aside from being projected (preliminary estimate, not final) is that a date for finished product? Or a date they start (or start tracking) its production?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
That is considered the start of build date. It may be finished in the same day or later. That date can change after the window sticker is added on the Ford system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks!

One more thing ...
It's been 8 days since I got the window sticker, 13 days since that date shown under SPECIAL ORDER (11 01 17, near the bottom) and ETIS still says:
Build Date: 30.11.0002
When can I expect that ETIS build date to change to something meaningful?
Not until the day Ford actually starts the build?

That is considered the start of build date. It may be finished in the same day or later. That date can change after the window sticker is added on the Ford system.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
That 11 01 17 date is the day the dealer is billed for the Transit and the day the window sticker is generated. You will not see a change on the ETIS site until the Transit is built and past through Quality Control.

You can check ETIS a few days before the 11/21 date to see if it moves up on the assembly line and see if a REAL DATE shows up on the status.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ETIS now shows Build Date: 22.11.2017 (one week ago).
It also now lists many more Primary Features and Minor Features.
Does this mean the van has been built?

That 11 01 17 date is the day the dealer is billed for the Transit and the day the window sticker is generated. You will not see a change on the ETIS site until the Transit is built and past through Quality Control.

You can check ETIS a few days before the 11/21 date to see if it moves up on the assembly line and see if a REAL DATE shows up on the status.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes. It has been built. The items in the minor features should match what you ordered. Request a Daily Status Update from your dealer. It will show you the Estimated Time of Arrival dates.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As it turned out, the windowsticker projected build date (11/21/2017) was within 1 day of the ETIS build date (11/22/2017).
Not bad. :)

Yes. It has been built. The items in the minor features should match what you ordered. Request a Daily Status Update from your dealer. It will show you the Estimated Time of Arrival dates.

461 - 480 of 503 Posts