Ford Transit USA Forum banner
181 - 182 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
There are quite a few Class C's without a bed over the cab. And some that do have one but still don't fit the stereotype of the big boxy typical one (eg Tiger on pickup chassis).

Here are some you could Google if you'd like to see (not trying to be stingy by not posting a photo of each one but I don't want to make people reading a thread about Class B camper vans scroll through a dozen photos).

Coachhouse RV
Tiger (on the Astro chassis with no cabover bed or on a pickup truck chassis with a bed over the cab)
Starflyte by Dynamax
Gulfstream BT cruiser (older ones were around 21-22')
Leisure Travel Unity
Leisure Travel Libero
Chinook Concourse and Premier (they also made an even more vintage class C on the Toyota pickup chassis)
Airstream Atlas
Pleasure Way Phoenix
Winnebago Ekko

Basically if you search "B+" you will find most of the Class C RV's that marketers want to "set apart" from the Class C category. Usually because they are relatively much more expensive and Class C's had a reputation for being big cheap boxes with cabover beds. Basically the same reason you were thinking (so I guess their marketing ploy has worked :unsure: ). Still Class C's though (I say, be proud of your cutaways; no need to make a new category).

It's ironic though as many of the "B+" are now 26 or more feet long with slides, surpassing the size of many typical older Class C's (and some have insane overhangs in the rear - I don't know how people get those into a gas station with an angled driveway without ripping the back end off).
Wow, thanks @Vanaroo I had no idea. Yep, I'm Class C for sure.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
4,005 Posts
There’s always the “Western States” 100 mile from Squaw Valley to Auburn every June 🏃‍♂️
Not too many folks can run that one. ~400 entries per year, a handful of them already spoken for by "golden tickets" and pro and sponsored spots. My brother finished 10 times. Maniac is currently in France doing a 180+ miler with something like 80,000 feet of elevation (NOT a typo) with the race director of WS100 and another dude. I mean... I love a good epic... but that's beyond. Insane.

Wow, thanks @Vanaroo I had no idea. Yep, I'm Class C for sure.
If I were starting over today, we'd be building a Class C. 158 wheelbase seems ideal and can fit EVERYTHING into the box without the long hang-over of the extended length. 😄

181 - 182 of 182 Posts