Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Has anyone from Canada received a build date for their MY2023

2753 Views 53 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  mario834
Hi All,

Long time troller on the forum, newly registered. I ordered a R2D Long Transit Crew with eco boost in mid August. I see lots of chatter on the forum about US folks getting their build dates etc, but I don't see much from Canada. I know we have a different system ( no COVP). I have yet to get a build date and I was wondering if any of my fellow Canucks have received their build dates??

Thanks for all the good info here!!
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
I was told by my dealer that it's 5K Canadian big ones. I assume it comes off the price the dealer charges. I believe you had to have an order in the system as of February 11/22.
This is what my dealer sent me

"Ford did release a transitional price program for the 2023 Transit but it will not impact you at all. The original order would have had to be placed by Nov. 30th 2021 before the Transit went into “Balance Out Phase”. "

I would be interested in any further information anyone has its annoying that they would take an order in March 2022 and not give you this information before taking your deposit and letting you sit on the fence not doing anything to look for other vans until September when they tell you Hey Ford cant build your van please come in and sign for a 2023 and that will be 10K more

I also got this when I enquired if my order was a COVP order

"The COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) wasn’t launched in Canada until September 15th. It is part of the “Retail Sweep” that was implemented by Ford."

· Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a 2023 HR AWD Eco in August. Just tried to see if I could change the order to the new “Trail” and they pretty much laughed at me. Said I’d be lucky if I get my current order in 23. ☹ Also said the Trail won’t be available in Canada in 23 or 24.

· Registered
73 Posts
I ordered a 2023 HR AWD Eco in August. Just tried to see if I could change the order to the new “Trail” and they pretty much laughed at me. Said I’d be lucky if I get my current order in 23. ☹ Also said the Trail won’t be available in Canada in 23 or 24.
I've had a W3U - 350 AWD high and extended on order for 18 months with a reasonably sized urban dealership that is also a truck centre. I also thought I'd look into upgrading to the Trail so called and left a message with my salesman on Friday...I haven't heard from him yet but figured when he gets around to returning my call I'd likely hear laughter too. I was kinda hoping that Ford might be putting a push on the Trail to promote it and get some built and out there. It's mighty disappointing to hear that we poor shmucks north of the border will have to wait to 2025 by the sounds of it. That being said, who knows if that information is even correct, it's mind boggling how little the dealerships seem to know about Transits and what's going on.

I feel like putting my hands up and surrendering but I know as soon as I do that Ford will decide to build my van and the dealership will gladly take delivery of it and sell it the next day for 15K over MSRP!

In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep smiling and limping along in my extremely tired 2006 Econoline and hope that it holds together...o_O

· Registered
73 Posts
Got my window sticker today build date Nov 22 ordered Feb 22 re-ordered as a 23 in Sept
Congratulations! I hope for your sake it happens and they don't keep moving the build date on you. It sucks that you don't qualify for the 5K offer from Ford but at this point I think I'd rather forgo the offer and have a VIN and build date.

I'm feeling a bit green with envy :sick: I must say, but it does give me some hope that we're not being completely ignored.

· Registered
421 Posts
after 21 months waiting for ford to MAYBE build the transit i have had on order over 3 model years now i kind of just gave up and stopped paying attention, or calling Ford Canada (2nd worst company in Canada), or bugging my dealer. taking the "watched pot never boils" approach. a while ago i was so frustrated i put in a sprinter order to because ford has held my life and recreational enjoyment hostage long enough, much more confidence inspiring

· Registered
2023 T-250, 148" HR EB, 3.73 LSD (waiting.. ordered mid Aug 2022)
16 Posts
Congrats and fingers crossed for Vanski ... I guess my attitude is kinda like coguzzi... but in my case I'm beginning to think this forum is bad for my mental health.
I ordered a 2023 in August and if I hear nothing by the spring I'll buy a used "beater" and flip/sell the Transit (to the dealer?) if it ever arrives. Also like North of 40 I was under the false impression that I could make small changes to my order so long as I had no build date. But this forum suggests that making any change to my order will get me a higher price and/or Balanced Out. And... stupid me... trusting that a van will happen "someday" I bought an expensive pile of 80/20 to do a camper build ... might be putting that up for sale in the Spring.... this Ford situation is pathetic. I wonder if the Sprinter situation is better ...

· Registered
421 Posts
I wonder if the Sprinter situation is better ...
in my observation, yes. but one thing to note is i used to work for a local sprinter upfitter so know the sprinter sales guys well. he has a list that is quite long for desired vans since Mercedes handles it differently. they give the allocation of what can be ordered for upcoming production, dealer goes through list finding clients desires that match and puts in the order (at least i think this is how it works). so on the sprinter side, i already have a VIN, on transit side ive never made it past unscheduled/clean for 3 model years now. I did have a 2020 i regrettably sold but didnt think it would be this hard to get a replacement. the 2020 took 9 months from time of order to delivery

from what i hear is the Promaster side is a real mess to. Me, i tried to be the Transit guy, but at this point my time has been held hostage enough and will take which ever van shows up first, sprinter or transit (not to the promaster stage yet)

· Registered
61 Posts
I ordered a high roof Transit in November 26 2021 I contact my Ontario dealership every 2 months just keep getting told some day maybe? A 2023.
Did your dealer get you to submit a 2023 order in September. Ford Canada introduced the COVP program to dealers in September and all balanced out 2022 orders had to be re-ordered. Also if you ordered in November 2021 you should be entitled to the $5,000 Ford Canada private offer.

My original order was Feb 22 so I did not qualify for the Private offer but me dealer resubmitted an order on the COVP in September after the 2022 was balanced out and it got built this week.

It will also depend on what options you have although we have a very high specification model there are some options that will delay production

· Registered
4 Posts
Did your dealer get you to submit a 2023 order in September. Ford Canada introduced the COVP program to dealers in September and all balanced out 2022 orders had to be re-ordered. Also if you ordered in November 2021 you should be entitled to the $5,000 Ford Canada private offer.

My original order was Feb 22 so I did not qualify for the Private offer but me dealer resubmitted an order on the COVP in September after the 2022 was balanced out and it got built this week.

It will also depend on what options you have although we have a very high specification model there are some options that will delay production
When was the cut off date for the balanced out rebate eligibility in Canada?

· Registered
16 Posts
Congrats and fingers crossed for Vanski ... I guess my attitude is kinda like coguzzi... but in my case I'm beginning to think this forum is bad for my mental health. I ordered a 2023 in August and if I hear nothing by the spring I'll buy a used "beater" and flip/sell the Transit (to the dealer?) if it ever arrives. Also like North of 40 I was under the false impression that I could make small changes to my order so long as I had no build date. But this forum suggests that making any change to my order will get me a higher price and/or Balanced Out. And... stupid me... trusting that a van will happen "someday" I bought an expensive pile of 80/20 to do a camper build ... might be putting that up for sale in the Spring.... this Ford situation is pathetic. I wonder if the Sprinter situation is better ...
I have bought the "mother" and the "father" for build from fans to screw capts to match the fabrics for inside finish, not talking about tanks, propex, the everything, to be honest saved here 30% ( I am like 28k in parts, yes went nuts) before all this inflation went crazy, no van yet! Still awaiting since August 2021 original order. Speaking about 5k price protection were can find the stipulation from Ford?

· Registered
12 Posts
I hope you get your Van in January. Vanski make sure you post a picture so we can be all happy for you. The rest of us will wait . I did go talk to a Sprinter Dealer but I think it was a BS story that I could get on by January because at the end of the conversation he said it could be March I felt just wanted to take a order. I will hold out for a Transit.

· Registered
16 Posts
Just got an update from my dealership contact and have a build date for 2023 ford transit 350 eco AWD high roof extended VIN + Jan 16 scheduled for built. He said that ford gave this schedules sooner due to Christmas shutdown.

Ordered on August 2021, balanced out 2021, then balanced out 2022, re-order the 2023 on June 2023.

First question: when is the sticker window issued?! Cani get this van realistic having this information at least by end of April 2023? I expect disappointments as it will be rescheduled by ford many times.

I hear from forums here that the Eco engine is a problem in shortage.

Second question: my dealer told me that he doesn't know if I qualify for 5000 cad from Ford untill the van "landed". He said he received bulletins from Ford with contradictions. Of course I want the 5000 to be applied as the new price is hard to digest. Went from 63k 2021 to 77k for 2023. Can they just jungle it and cash in the 5000 cad for me!? They know I want the van and could play with me I assume? I lost the bits of trust I had to be honest, I just hate to take advantage especially we all waited/waiting for so long.

Of course I looked at other options as like all you guys my fun and travel life was hold hostage due to the delay from Ford and I started to give up/gave up on the wait. Eventually it will come as good news when you don't expect it in general.

Cheers guys

· Registered
73 Posts
Second question: my dealer told me that he doesn't know if I qualify for 5000 cad from Ford untill the van "landed". He said he received bulletins from Ford with contradictions. Of course I want the 5000 to be applied as the new price is hard to digest. Went from 63k 2021 to 77k for 2023. Can they just jungle it and cash in the 5000 cad for me!? They know I want the van and could play with me I assume? I lost the bits of trust I had to be honest, I just hate to take advantage especially we all waited/waitingfor so long.

I don't have anything in writing but my dealer told me in a phone conversation that I qualify for the 5K from Ford. I initially ordered my T350, AWD, high roof, extended van in mid May of 2021. You should qualify as I believe the cut off date was November 2021.

I hope for your sake that your van gets built in January and that you get the 5K from Ford.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts