Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Has anyone from Canada received a build date for their MY2023

2571 49
Hi All,

Long time troller on the forum, newly registered. I ordered a R2D Long Transit Crew with eco boost in mid August. I see lots of chatter on the forum about US folks getting their build dates etc, but I don't see much from Canada. I know we have a different system ( no COVP). I have yet to get a build date and I was wondering if any of my fellow Canucks have received their build dates??

Thanks for all the good info here!!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Hi All,

Long time troller on the forum, newly registered. I ordered a R2D Long Transit Crew with eco boost in mid August. I see lots of chatter on the forum about US folks getting their build dates etc, but I don't see much from Canada. I know we have a different system ( no COVP). I have yet to get a build date and I was wondering if any of my fellow Canucks have received their build dates??

Thanks for all the good info here!!
October 21 build date ordered in March balanced out and re-ordered

· Registered
2023 T-250, 148" HR EB, 3.73 LSD (waiting.. ordered mid Aug 2022)
15 Posts
Hi All:
I'm another Canuk longtime lurker - first post - not encouraged by what I see here. After much waffling about what to buy I ordered a HR 148 Eco in mid August from a Toronto dealer. It seems like the Canadian ordering system is kinda like you pay yer deposit and are told to go stand in line ... and expect to wait months or years and hear nothing until the last minute. I'm in no huge hurry but am not getting my hopes up for a 2023.... I expect to be balanced out like Vanski and have to try again for a 2024... Sheesh.

· Registered
61 Posts
Hi All:
I'm another Canuk longtime lurker - first post - not encouraged by what I see here. After much waffling about what to buy I ordered a HR 148 Eco in mid August from a Toronto dealer. It seems like the Canadian ordering system is kinda like you pay yer deposit and are told to go stand in line ... and expect to wait months or years and hear nothing until the last minute. I'm in no huge hurry but am not getting my hopes up for a 2023.... I expect to be balanced out like Vanski and have to try again for a 2024... Sheesh.
Hopefully you wont be as they have stopped taking 2023 orders on Sept 22 this year unlike last year where they kept taking orders.

· Registered
2023 T-250, 148" HR EB, 3.73 LSD (waiting.. ordered mid Aug 2022)
15 Posts
Yup... we can hope that this year will be better. I guess that last year there was an Amazon fleet order that ate up a lot of production that might have gone to us little guys. I've not heard of a similar situation this year. There's no harm in being an optimist but I'm trying to set low expectations so I won't be too disappointed if things don't turn out as hoped. Cheers.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All:
I get the same feeling from my dealer. They have been helpful with the ordering, but there is never any info to share and I get way more info about what is going on with Ford Transits here than from the dealer any day.

I agree, low expectations, and hope it just get built.

· Registered
70 Posts
Originally ordered May 12th, 2021...balanced out. Reordered fall of 22...balanced out. Reordered August 23...

My dealer screwed a few things up on the 23 reorder and apparently the "system" won't let them make any changes so I guess I'll be getting a couple of options I didn't want and I'll be short a couple I did want - that's IF my van gets built in 23. The good news is, my dealer tells me I'm on a list of people who'll be getting a $5000 CDN offer from Ford - that's once again, IF my van gets built in 23. You had to have had an order in the system as of February 11th 22, I believe, to qualify.

So the answer is NO! I don't have a build date and my dealer has no idea if or when I might get one.

I'm pretty sure there's at least one other Canuck on this forum who's been waiting longer than me.

W3U high roof extended with a reasonable number of goodies.

· Registered
61 Posts
Originally ordered May 12th, 2021...balanced out. Reordered fall of 22...balanced out. Reordered August 23...

My dealer screwed a few things up on the 23 reorder and apparently the "system" won't let them make any changes so I guess I'll be getting a couple of options I didn't want and I'll be short a couple I did want - that's IF my van gets built in 23. The good news is, my dealer tells me I'm on a list of people who'll be getting a $5000 CDN offer from Ford - that's once again, IF my van gets built in 23. You had to have had an order in the system as of February 11th 22, I believe, to qualify.

So the answer is NO! I don't have a build date and my dealer has no idea if or when I might get one.

I'm pretty sure there's at least one other Canuck on this forum who's been waiting longer than me.

W3U high roof extended with a reasonable number of goodies.
My dealer told me

Ford did release a transitional price program for the 2023 Transit but it will not impact you at all. The original order would have had to be placed by Nov. 30th 2021 before the Transit went into “Balance Out Phase”. Your original order was placed in March 2022.

· Registered
416 Posts
original order of Feb 21 for a MY21 R2X, balanced out. Sept 21 reorder for MY22, balanced out. June 22 reorder for MY23--no build date yet and my confidence is 5% i see it in MY23 either. alternatives have been researched

· Registered
122 Posts
Ordered my eTransit in early Sept, dealership had issues placing the order so I finally had to go back to the dealer and see what was the issue (I'm a days trip away from the dealership) they managed to get the order in the system on the 19th of Sept, didn't have a clue about a cut-off date. Made a big deal about the fact that I was the second Transit order from their allotment of 3, paid my deposit and now I wait. At least they said it would probably be 8 months, so they are being realistic with that anyways.

· Registered
70 Posts
Last I heard from the dealer was build date Nov 21 however i see a post on here today that there is a shortage of ecoboost engines so vans have been pushed to December
Well, I suppose it's still promising that you at least have a VIN and a date, even if it keeps moving.

After 17 months of this circus I still have sweet FA info from either Ford or my dealer.

· Registered
2018 Ford Transit 250 MR Cargo ECO
1,607 Posts
The problem here is that you refer to yourselves as Canucks.

What is a Canuck, actually?

It has no real definition and sounds so innocuous and harmless that the folks in Kansas City likely even forget you ordered any Transits, and if they run short you do not get any first.

So change the name Canuck to something dynamic, vaguely menacing.

Then they will not forget you.

· Registered
70 Posts
AMERICANS OF THE NORTHLANDS!

How's that for dynamic and menacing, eh?
Bet those Ford exects'll be shaking in there boots when they hear about us.

I suppose your country men and women in Alaska may have already laid claim to that title but considering that we, technically, occupy a larger chunk of north America I think our case is a reasonable one.

Wikipedia also spends much more "ink" describing American than they do describing Canuck so you might be on to something!

As Canuckistanians...I mean AMERICANS OF THE NORTHLANDS, we'll all have to band together (all 6 or 7 of us) and charge on Kansas City in our old rusted out, clapped out Econolines and let them know in no uncertain terms that WE DESPERATELY NEED TRANSITS NORTH OF 49!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts