Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if it is worth purchasing this product from Amazon and just painting it black before the install. From what I can tell, the grill removal is so difficult it may be worth the $70 to skip it. They really should make a black version.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Isn't the grill already Black? I think mine is. XLT might have chrome plastic grill.

I'd spring for some sort of grill that removed the Ford advertisement right in the middle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
All the cargos seem to have black grills and all the passenger vans seem to have chrome. I was going to swap to black Ford grilles, but its a pain, so I opted not to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/QUOTE]
Isn't the grill already Black? I think mine is. XLT might have chrome plastic grill.

I'd spring for some sort of grill that removed the Ford advertisement right in the middle.
A lot of the people that got the XLT with the chrome grill and headlights are wanting to go the more blacked out route. That requires either swapping grills and lights with a fleet vehicle that is willing to trade, or trying to plasti-dip the grill. The grill removal sounds pretty intense, so I was looking for a simpler way.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
With a good masking job, you wouldn't need to take anything out. But I agree it's better to remove and paint. Paint's just going to chip off anyway, unless you use spray on bedliner like Duplicolor. I used that on my old Sprinter hood and there were no more rock chips, that stuff is stout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts