Ford Transit USA Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
As Munky stated, you can add multiple keyless entry pads to your Transit. If you are going to have more than one, I suggest if you order the Transit to get ALL of them from the parts department and have them programmed together. When you order the one from the factory, it is placed in the one position on the driver door area.

You will pay about the same price for the ones at the parts department (if you get them with your Transit purchase) as the single one from the factory. It is just easier to have them not attached to the Transit when you program them together.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit High Roof 250
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
After living in the van for two weeks we starting make a list of small changes to improve the van. Extra hooks, clothes line in the garage area, extra fridge vent in cabinet... Still have a main overhead cabinet and the walls to finish but considering we’re traveling so much lately I doubt we’ll finish it for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
After living in the van for two weeks we starting make a list of small changes to improve the van. Extra hooks, clothes line in the garage area, extra fridge vent in cabinet... Still have a main overhead cabinet and the walls to finish but considering we’re traveling so much lately I doubt we’ll finish it for a while.

How has your luck been with the leveling blocks, are they worth getting, does it take a long time to get them setup correctly?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
How has your luck been with the leveling blocks, are they worth getting, does it take a long time to get them setup correctly?

They’ve worked really well. It’s pretty easy to use them. Use the compass app on my phone to check for level. After a few times using them it’s quick to do since you have a feel for how many blocks to use.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Very helpful - thanks!

Why not include a switch to select between shore power and inverter power for the wired AC outlets?

It’s on a possible future upgrade. Haven’t really had the need for it. Almost always boondock where there is no shore power so far.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Why not include a switch to select between shore power and inverter power for the wired AC outlets?
I have a selector switch to select either shore power or "shore power" from the vehicle powered inverter. Either shore power is sent to the input of the Magnum MMS1012 house inverter. One string of duplex outlets is connected to the Magnum output. The MMS1012 transfer switch passes the shore 120 volt AC power through the Magnum with the Magnum off. If shore power is not available then the Magnum can be started to power the duplex outlets.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Great build and info. Thanks for sharing. I see you installed an aftermarket head unit. What audio package did you order with the van in order to get the steering wheel mounted audio controls?

Cheers

It was the base sync system. Our full build order sheet is on our website. I don’t recall the code off hand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see that you got the dual battery from Ford and you have it in your wiring diagram. Is it helpful, or could you have just installed your own battery and have it recharged by the solar panel you installed? Just wondering for myself as I'm trying to figure out what to get from the dealer vs aftermarket.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I see that you got the dual battery from Ford and you have it in your wiring diagram. Is it helpful, or could you have just installed your own battery and have it recharged by the solar panel you installed? Just wondering for myself as I'm trying to figure out what to get from the dealer vs aftermarket.

If you plan to run accessories off of the auxiliary switches like external lights, wenches, etc then I think it’s a requirement. We got it for the added power for running the stereo, lights, etc off the chassis batteries when it’s not running for long periods of time and future expansion off of the auxiliary switches.

You could install a house battery in the space instead of the second factory battery but you’ll have to be cautious of he batteries physical size. We have a separation of our house and chassis batteries using the ctek system. That way we can’t accidentally drain the chassis battery from the house accessories, fridge, etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Vinyl Floor Install Article

Finally got around to finishing the write-up on the floor install in the van. Full details and material used is listed in the article.

Article Link: Click Here

·
Registered
675 Posts
@Munky Great build! I've watched (and re-watched) more of your videos than I care to admit. You do a great job at them, thanks for sharing. What part of KY are you from? I'm in Anderson Co.. I'll be starting my build in just a few weeks. She's being built on 9/23.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
@Munky Great build! I've watched (and re-watched) more of your videos than I care to admit. You do a great job at them, thanks for sharing. What part of KY are you from? I'm in Anderson Co.. I'll be starting my build in just a few weeks. She's being built on 9/23.

Thanks! I’m from Louisville. Have several more videos that I need to post but have been short on time lately.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
One of the openings in the faceplate is for the passenger seat airbag indicator. Depending on your factory stereo configuration or model year, this may not be used. On our 2018, the passenger airbag light was part of the factory stereo control cluster we removed. The result is that the cable is left disconnected in the dash. This triggers the warning light on the dash lights - which is really annoying. We ordered a Ford OEM part# BK2Z-10A939-B. This part was designed to fit in the faceplate location and has the harness connection that matches the factory stereo. Once the indicator is connected the dash light went off. I choose to leave the plastic plug in the faceplate and leave the indicator light in behind the dash where we can't see it. It constantly glows orange when the airbag is turned on or off, which is annoying to look at on the dash.
I just wanted to update this post to correct that the part needed to turn the airbag light off after an aftermarket radio install on a sync system is actually part# BK2Z-10A936-B. I typed it incorrectly on the original post but cannot edit anymore. :D

http://www.outdoor-wanderlust.com/van-conversion-ford-transit-stereo-installation/

·
Registered
435 Posts
My Transit came with one keypad on the driver door, it is useful but only unlocks the cab doors. Can the back door and slider also be unlocked via a keypad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You can open the cargo doors from the keypad. You just have to type in "5" after typing in your code and the cab doors open. So, as follows:

1. Type in your code as usual (the cab doors should open); and

2. Type in "5" (the cargo doors [side and rear] should open. If they don't, try hitting "5" again [sometimes, I think I type in 5 too fast or slow for some reason]. If they still don't open, repeat steps 1 and 2).​

Works for me every time. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting on my keypad, pressing the 3/4 will unlock the side and rear. the last press needs to be done a few sec after the code and the front door have unlocked.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts