Ford Transit USA Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for posting these videos and articles Munky! I think your work is EXCELLENT!

I REALLY appreciate the effort you are putting into the videos and articles and am using your build as the basis for my build. I can't wait to see the whole series, especially on how you routed and mounted the water and electrical systems.

I have several questions on your system as I am currently ready to purchase flooring, heating, and electrical components. I know posting this stuff is time intensive and your time is valuable, so if all these questions will be addressed in the near future with your postings, feel free to just tell me to wait! :)

1) For your electrical, what type and size of batteries did you go with? Also wondering which inverter and charging systems you went with?

2) Have you put in a heater? If so, which one? I'm currently evaluating the Webasto Airtop 2000 STC and the Espar B4L M2.

3) Do you have hot water? If so, what system did you go with?

4) How is your vinyl plank flooring working out? Are you seeing any issues due to expansion / contraction?

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Ask and you shall receive. It works pretty good. Holds road bikes easy and even the heavy full suspension mountain bikes. Behind the plate is 2x4 supports that are attached to pretty sturdy cabinet framing.
Perfect! Thanks.

As the rig includes two mounting plates I'm thinking of using one to store it and the other as the work spot. Your photo provides some great perspective of it in use on a van.

As mentioned, the pedal clearance is a factor I'd like to preserve and I'm leaning toward building a storage pocket from wood on the rear passenger side door and incorporating the mount on the hinge side of that pocket. When the door is opened all the way onto the magnet that work stand ought to provide plenty of clearance.

Really diggin' your build.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit High Roof 250
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Thanks for posting these videos and articles Munky! I think your work is EXCELLENT!

I REALLY appreciate the effort you are putting into the videos and articles and am using your build as the basis for my build. I can't wait to see the whole series, especially on how you routed and mounted the water and electrical systems.

I have several questions on your system as I am currently ready to purchase flooring, heating, and electrical components. I know posting this stuff is time intensive and your time is valuable, so if all these questions will be addressed in the near future with your postings, feel free to just tell me to wait! :)

1) For your electrical, what type and size of batteries did you go with? Also wondering which inverter and charging systems you went with?

2) Have you put in a heater? If so, which one? I'm currently evaluating the Webasto Airtop 2000 STC and the Espar B4L M2.

3) Do you have hot water? If so, what system did you go with?

4) How is your vinyl plank flooring working out? Are you seeing any issues due to expansion / contraction?

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1. Here is out electrical system details.

Our completed wiring diagram that we will be operating from on the build.

2. No heater so far. Thinking about Webasto for next winter.

3. No hot water. Didn’t have the need for it.

4. We do have a small gap in one place. If we had put the planks in after the lower cabinets it would have been a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Larseski

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the quick answers! I should have remembered your wiring diagram, thanks for linking it!

Reactions: Munky

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #185 (Edited)
Finally got the kitchen upper cabinet in. In the final stretch to call the original build complete. Here is a sneak peek of the install.

Lots of angles and the curved ceiling to compete with but the cabinet is square and level. Established the level by measuring from the floor since my driveway is on a slight hill. A few small blemishes but I’m very pleased with the overall quality.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Cleaned up the threshold between the headliner and the ceiling. Happy with how this turned out.

Added in an extra corner shelf for a little more storage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Added a curtain to separate the cab.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
How did you attach your wire thing to the wall there?

This is a wire picture hanging kit from ikea. Mounted it to the ceiling and the wire can be tightened so there is no sag.

Reactions: JKCalhoun

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
This is a wire picture hanging kit from ikea. Mounted it to the ceiling and the wire can be tightened so there is no sag.

Ikea offers this same setup that includes spring clips on rings that ride on the wire to attach a curtain. I've got the kit in the ToDo bin in my shop.

For now I'm using an adjustable spring-loaded shower curtain rod until I install the trim to attach the Ikea gizmo. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

181 - 193 of 193 Posts