Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Greetings from Diode Dynamics! What Are Your Lighting Plans?

1987 6
Hello fellow Transit fanatics,

John here from Diode Dynamics. I just wanted to hop on and introduce myself!

The Diode Dynamics team is very excited about joining the community. We already have a vehicle-specific fog light kit designed for the 2010-2018 Ford Transit. I’ll be sure to post a forum thread here soon with more information!

I’d love to hear what lighting mods everyone is planning on doing. And as always, if you have any lighting questions, I would be more than happy to help!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Reactions: eranrund
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2017 Transit T250 3.7L. 148wb magnetic
2,168 Posts
What's a good way to find the optimal light placement location ?
It seems the location of a light is extremely important to making the room look really good.

I just upgraded to a 32 inch tv that's mounted mid height in the van , it's mounted on a slider that slides from the left to the right of the van , it slides to be able to get in the cabinet that is behind.
Mainly looking for a light position location while watching tv , i was thinking that above my head in the ceiling would be a good location but I won't know until I put it up there , it seems having lights that you could move around easily would be good at least until you find a optimal location and then mount permanent.
Any thoughts or suggestions on this ?

· Registered
380 Posts
I just got a shipping notice for my 3 sets of SSC2 pods!

Plan is to have a pair of fogs mounted somewhere up front. I may try to make them work in the factory location, or just resort to one of those brackets that mounts in the license plate location to give you a flat horizontal surface.

I'll be using one flood beam on each side of the roof rack and two flood beams on the back of the rack for scene lighting. Thinking about wiring at least one of the lights on the back to a door pin switch so it comes on when a back door is opened. Possibly wired on a dimmer circuit so it isn't quite so bright when just providing some general additional visibility.

Still deciding on how I'm going to wire the blacklight circuits and whether or not to tie them into the blinkers for each side.

Definitely looking forward to having some fun with this part of my build.

· Registered
380 Posts
.We already have a vehicle-specific fog light kit designed for the 2010-2018 Ford Transit. I’ll be sure to post a forum thread here soon with more information!

You might want to update your original post to clarify that the 2010-18 lights you have on your site are for the Transit CONNECT, not the full size Transit. Important distinction.

· Registered
2,146 Posts
Post above mentions "Ford Transit" (though the 2010-2018 is immediately suspect). Then following the link, the vendor site description talks about Ford Transit CONNECT, but the photos are of a full size Transit.

You need to be V-E-R-Y clear on this important detail to counteract the horribly ambiguous naming mistake made by Ford with two completely different vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.