Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have experience working with Goal Zero brand solar products? I have two 200 watt panels and 1400 watt power station and am looking to integrate them into my van, but noticed GZ is not so popular on here.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
There are dozens of Goal Zero threads on this forum, This is just one of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We used a goal zero yeti 400 powered by 100w of solar and the alternator via cigarette port. This is when we had a 2005 Mercedes Sprinter.
It worked brilliantly for us since we only needed to power a small 12v fridge, fantastic fan and charge our gadgets.
I think it’s a great way to go for simplicity and portability. If you plan to power a lot of things like water pump, heater, tv, microwave etc then buying individual parts for a much larger setup makes sense. Goal Zero has good customer service - they better for how pricey the equipment is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The GoalZero products kinda defeat the DIY sentiment that some van enthusiasts harp on but I personally think they are simple and effective way to quickly get some kind of power setup going in your vehicle. What is your question specifically? How to connect the panels to the power station?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts