Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed their gear shift yet? It has a switch in it which means wires inside, so I suspect it doesn't unscrew. My working theory is that the small chrome trim pieces on the lower back split apart at the seam and reveal attachment hardware but I haven't had any luck using just enough force that a little more might break it.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The owners manual tells how to access the brake shift interlink when you have a problem, The drawing provided makes it look like half of the switches are there.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it figured out. Needlessly overly complex. You have to remove the bezel first, then lift the bezel and bag up till you can see the shaft. Two Phillips screws, two electrical connections and twp pry tools later and it is removed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got it figured out. Needlessly overly complex. You have to remove the bezel first, then lift the bezel and bag up till you can see the shaft. Two Phillips screws, two electrical connections and twp pry tools later and it is removed.
I'm curious. I'm assuming you removed the entire shifter assembly. After removal, is it possible to replace just the shift knob? I'd like to replace my knob, but I'm guessing that I'll need to replace the entire shifter.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The knob isn't a typical threaded knob, so I'm not sure what else is available that fits. It uses two screws on the front that thread through the shifter arm, and into the shifter knob.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The knob isn't a typical threaded knob, so I'm not sure what else is available that fits. It uses two screws on the front that thread through the shifter arm, and into the shifter knob.
So then the knob is removable from the rest of the shifter mechanism?????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts