Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Gasser sales banned in CA and WA

6355 218
By 2035:

What is the difference between California and Texas;

California has illegal ICE and legal weed.

Texas is the opposite.
181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
nothing yet, but planning on an EV van
244 Posts
If I remember Correctly trains are run by diesel electric. So, no freight trains either. Good luck California!
after a quick skim, the proposal does not require any removal of fossil fuel trains which is not surprising given it says 'trucks', furthermore, it is 18 years to stop production of heavy diesel trucks and 20-30 years to stop production of other fossil fuel trucks. i did not see anything about banning the use of fossil fuels trucks after that, so it will be business as usual for another 40-60 years, however, i just did a quick skim, if others have found more detail please post. if so, stopping production in 18-30 years does not seem that dire. it will in fact increase the use of trains, which makes more sense for long distance transport instead of bunch of individual trucks

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 250 MR Cargo ECO
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
after a quick skim, the proposal does not require any removal of fossil fuel trains which is not surprising given it says 'trucks', furthermore, it is 18 years to stop production of heavy diesel trucks and 20-30 years to stop production of other fossil fuel trucks. i did not see anything about banning the use of fossil fuels trucks after that, so it will be business as usual for another 40-60 years, however, i just did a quick skim, if others have found more detail please post. if so, stopping production in 18-30 years does not seem that dire. it will in fact increase the use of trains, which makes more sense for long distance transport instead of bunch of individual trucks
I think the article said some measures start kicking in in 2024.

Manufacturers probably scrambling even harder.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
If the industry had stuck with electric cars in the 1890's instead of going with internal combustion, we'd be seeing this right now instead:

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If someone can build one of these, surely they can build a passenger version. No emissions and infinite fuel.

The cyclone engine has been "almost ready" for over 13 years now.

I think this is how Harry Schoell has made a living. I appears he has made a decent living finding small time investors to keep him and his project going. His cyclone engine gets reported on every few years.

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to stick a gasifier in the back of their electric pickup and drive around fueling it with leaves and broken limbs they get on the side of the road once in a while. These things are 12-20kwh+.
Gas Engineering Machine Cylinder Auto part

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Electric shoe's, Ten mile range.

These shoes reminded me of recent stay in Disney World Fort Wilderness where electrification of local personal transportation has been adopted within the campground. Many people moved around on electric golf carts, electric bikes, scooters, Segway, etc. Many still ride diesel buses within campground, or pedal bikes, but small lightweight electric vehicles of some type play a large role. Key to helping the environment is efficiency, and for local short-distance trips any form of compact efficient transportation is ideal.

On way back I visited a friend where rental electric scooters can be picked up and dropped off as needed. I had seen that business before, but not the EVO scooter which looks very practical to me compared to other options. It doesn’t have pedals, but at Disney very few pedaled E-Bikes anyway. Also looks safer than the small-wheel standup scooters. The EVO scooter design is fairly light too.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Bicycle part Automotive tire
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Good read about scooters.... and associated accidents.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 250 MR Cargo ECO
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
These shoes reminded me of recent stay in Disney World Fort Wilderness where electrification of local personal transportation has been adopted within the campground. Many people moved around on electric golf carts, electric bikes, scooters, Segway, etc. Many still ride diesel buses within campground, or pedal bikes, but small lightweight electric vehicles of some type play a large role. Key to helping the environment is efficiency, and for local short-distance trips any form of compact efficient transportation is ideal.

On way back I visited a friend where rental electric scooters can be picked up and dropped off as needed. I had seen that business before, but not the EVO scooter which looks very practical to me compared to other options. It doesn’t have pedals, but at Disney very few pedaled E-Bikes anyway. Also looks safer than the small-wheel standup scooters. The EVO scooter design is fairly light too.

View attachment 179608 View attachment 179609
Local uni has tons of those for students.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Its a steam car. Only emission would be excess vapor and water is pretty plentiful.
But, but, but
"The Cyclone Engine uses water as both its working fluid and lubricant ... the Cyclone is capable of running on virtually any liquid or gaseous fuel, including 100% biofuels any liquid or gaseous fuel, including 100% biofuels and combusts these fuels much cleaner than an internal combustion engine.
Yeah. I made the posting kinda' tounge-in-cheek.
WHEW!
I've been know to also create a steam from biomass myself, unfortunately that also often results in the emission of hazardous pollutants.

Now, professor pardal brasil - Google Search may be onto something. His steam engine even doubles as a grill.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Not much is more dangerous than the super heated dry steam needed for a steam engine.
Whew!, for a bit I was thinking about "Clean Coal"

Dry Steam – Saturated Vapor
Phase diagram of waterPhase diagram of water.

Dry steam, or saturated steam, is characterized by the vapor quality, which is equal to unity. When the vapor quality is equal to 0, it is referred to as the saturated liquid state (single-phase). On the other hand, when the vapor quality is equal to 1, it is referred to as the saturated vapor state or dry steam (single-phase). Between these two states, we talk about vapor-liquid mixture or wet steam (two-phase mixture). At constant pressure, an addition of energy does not changes the temperature of the mixture, but the vapor quality and specific volume changes. In the case of dry steam (100% quality), it contains 100% of the latent heat available at that pressure. Saturated liquid water, which has no latent heat and therefore 0% quality, will therefore only contain sensible heat.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I once did welding on a active natural gas pipeline patching leaks, 10,000 Psi natural gas. It was pretty neat, The welder would set off the natural gas but you would not see the fire until it was 20 feet out from the pipeline.
I was the welders helper, I just did the grinding preparing it for welding.

181 - 200 of 219 Posts