·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 250 MR Cargo ECO
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,564 Posts
This is old news, like easily a year or more ago. A little misleading, since ICE vehicles aren't "banned", just the sales of NEW ones, starting about a dozen years from now. You can keep your 2034 ICE car as long as you want. And you can buy as many used ICE cars as you want. And you might even be able to bring in your ICE car purchased out of State.

·
Registered
427 Posts
And you might even be able to bring in your ICE car purchased out of State.
I was wondering about that loophole. My expectation is that CA (and WA) will block registration of ICE vehicles purchased in other states. It's going to be a mess IMHO.

·
Registered
9,564 Posts
I was wondering about that loophole. My expectation is that CA (and WA) will block registration of ICE vehicles purchased in other states. It's going to be a mess IMHO.
Yeah, even with 13 years warning and constant reminders, the dimwitted will be "shocked" to find out they can't buy a new ICE car when 2035 rolls around. For those people, it will be a mess.
I suspect there will be changes to this legislation; maybe commercial vehicles will be exempt (that's ALL pickups in CA), or out of state purchases can be brought in IF you lived in the state you bought it in and recently moved to CA, exemptions for rural counties, etc.

The whining about "only rich people can buy EVs" will be moot because of the huge used car market that bottom-feeders like myself purchase from will be even bigger. And typically people that say that can only afford used cars, anyway, and not very new ones. And by then I expect only an idiot, politically manipulated, or an enthusiast would WANT to buy a new ICE car. Or people living in the far corners of the State with daily mileage of 200+ miles. But by then, even that might not be an issue. We're all saying this is "horrible idea" based on current technology and availability.

Reactions: gggGary

·
Registered
375 Posts
The pattern of our traitor elite is to ban what works in favor of fantasy schemes. This is what terminal decline looks like: aspirational virtue signaling, disconnected from reality. They can't win wars, they can't repay their debts, they can't preserve their currency. Instead they roll out fake threats one after another, with hegelian remedies as ridiculous as the Chinese war on sparrows.

·
Registered
269 Posts
California has become an incestuous lefty insane asylum. So Gov Newsome wants to extend Diablo Canyon because at least he knows the truth about renewables not cutting it at this point. Not good enough though for the stalwarts.

And as usual we're idiots or Deplorables to even question the wisdom of the Elite Class dictating from on high (30,000' in their private jets) what the masses need to do. Meanwhile China and India could give a Rats Ass. Insanity.

·
Registered
102 Posts
CA did that in the 90s (imposed a fee on out-of-state cars that could pass a smog test, and mandated mods to those that didn't) and had to repeal and refund, right?

·
Registered
594 Posts
It looks like I picked a good time to die of old age, At the end of the last of the good times.
For half of my life I have thought I was born twenty years to late.
haha, i did the age calculation too. For this to really happen a lot of advancement is needed. Either that or a trip from fl to ny is gonna take not 1 but 4 days after careful planning and reserving a spot at a charger at each hotel along the way.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts