Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 T-250-MR-148-3.5-ARB AIR-LOCKER REAR
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A discussion of cooking with propane within a RV morphed into using propane stoves fed with RV propane pressure, 11.0" w.c.

I tested the GasOne GS-800P.

This stove is rated by the manufacture at 7,172 BTU. It comes ready to be fueled by 1# propane bottles or butane bottles. This stove has a good hot burner fed from 1# propane through the hose mounted regulator, output pressure is approximately 15.0 PSI. I removed the regulator to feed this stove from the RV propane delivery system, approx. 11.0"w.c. The burner flame is significantly smaller. Is this reduced output stove adequate to make coffee indoors when it is nasty cold and wet outside. Here are the test results:

One liter of water at a start temperature of 26.0 C. with burner on high for 23.0 minutes reached 97.0 C. at 344' above sea level (71.0 C. temp increase of one liter in 23 min.) The temp increase stalled at about 97.0 C.

Is there a Thermal Dynamic Engineer reading this willing to calculate this stove's burner output?

For me, using this stove means starting to make hot water for coffee about 20 minutes before I'm ready to crawl out of the bunk.

Someone may ask, why not use the stove with 20K BTU twin burners. My answer is, it is stored in the garage under the bunk only accessible through the back doors. This small single burner GS-800P is accessible from the RV salon (saloon) area.

David

·
Registered
2020 T350 EB SRW AWD HR EL
940 Posts
Keep it simple!!! Don't need an engineer. Can you use this one, pretty much the same size but much higher BTU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.