Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Front Passenger Arm Rest / Center Console

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kojak001 
#1 ·
New to the transit - picked up a 2016 MWB LR 15 Passenger XL. That being the case, of course I don't have the front passenger seat arm rest. I've searched every forum, facebook group, and website I can think of, and haven't been able to find an ideal solution to add one yet - of course I am cheap and don't really want to shell out the money for a new seat just to get an arm rest.

So, I'm looking for any updated info - has anyone found or fabricated a diy solution to get a passenger side arm rest? I'm open to putting a center console between the seats, as I don't really need to be able to get between them to the back. Everything I've seen so far doesn't seem to be tall enough to actually be used as an arm rest. In the case that I diy something in there, can anyone comment on my best bet for attachment? Am I best to just drill/tap into the floor there, or would I be better attaching to the seat base(s)?

#2 ·
I’ve been looking to solve the same issue. I own a 2015 LR that I bought new. We had a cheap center console we bought from a parts store. It worked well, and we didn’t drill. We ditched it a couple years ago and just leave it open to the back. I’d like to also add a passenger arm rest, but we may just replace the seat. I’ll follow this thread to see how it develops!

#5 ·
I will speak to a carpenter friend and see if I can talk him into a weekend project thsat would be more ergonomic in nice walnut and leather with a built in raised "armrest' section on
the passenger side of the "center console " idea..slide accordian top perhaps..any other feature you guys can think would be useful?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.