Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
cool. i'm planning ot put a half inch plywood floor down covered with 3/16" rubber mat. The way these mount would there be clearance for that? If so, how much to ship to Indiana?

·
Premium Member
2020 Transit 350 AWD van long, medium roof
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe they will clear a 3/16" rubber mat, but I doubt they would clear another 1/2" plywood. You would need to put spacers in or trim the plywood to make it fit. I'd guess ground shipping/packing would take about 5 days and cost ~$100 via UPS from WA to IN. The steps aren't heavy, just bulky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, i'd hate to get them and they not work right. wish i had some to look at to see how they mount.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they're a little less than 3/8" tall, other than the right hand tubes which areabout 3/4" tall... see these pics (First two are from the right rear step, last one is from the rear)
rear step moldings.jpg
right hand step clip.jpg
right hand step moldings.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah, might not work then. i was concerned with my rubber mat getting torn at the edges. i'm sure i can find some type of flooring trim to fix that with.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's designed to cover the ford oem rubber mat so the ends don't fray. Anything sitting on top of the rubber mat will need to be trimmed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mine doesn't have the mat so i was going to make a floor out of plywood then cover it with a mat. i'm open to other ideas though. main use of van will be hauling dirt bike and mountain bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts

just found this, it might work out better, probably wouldn't need plywood with this, or might just need some strips in the ribs if anything. plus wouldn't be giving up as much floor height. i'm 6'4" and have the medium roof.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is what the ford oem rubber mat looks like. it's flat, but nonslip

ford-oem-rubber-mat.JPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah, those are a lot more money to buy from ford though. i've looked around for used but no luck yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts