Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HR EL AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my scopema swivels but I have a 2021 with electric e-brake. My order came with a brake adapter I don’t need. Does anyone need one? Free pick up in the Seattle/Bellevue area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems like many new Transit owners received their backordered Scopemas this week. I've also got one in Bellingham, just north of you. The shape makes me think it might make a cool space-ship type of toy for my boy.
🚀🙂

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone installed the scopema on their 2021 yet? Do you have 10 way powered seats? Is this bracket new (circled in yellow both pics)? I marked the plastic (circled in red on attached pictures) where trimming is needed to avoid base when swiveling seat Looks like trimming this bracket, in addition to the plastic is required. Is the bracket new? Haven't seen it referenced in any of the videos or pictures I've seen online. I'm planning on going after the metal bracket with hacksaw - unless anyone else has suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 HR Extended AWD Transit T-250
56 Posts
I trimmed the plastic to the level of that metal piece and left that metal intact. It swivels fine like that. I may get more aggressive with the trimming if I get tired of raising the seat up to swivel it. Bottom line, I believe the metal is just there to make the plastic more rigid and should be fine to cut it out.

·
Registered
2020 350 XLT AWD LR 148" 3.5L Eco
108 Posts
Has anyone installed the scopema on their 2021 yet? Do you have 10 way powered seats? Is this bracket new (circled in yellow both pics)? I marked the plastic (circled in red on attached pictures) where trimming is needed to avoid base when swiveling seat Looks like trimming this bracket, in addition to the plastic is required. Is the bracket new? Haven't seen it referenced in any of the videos or pictures I've seen online. I'm planning on going after the metal bracket with hacksaw - unless anyone else has suggestions.
If you have a powered seat, then I suggest marking your cut line at the point where the seat is raised as high as possible. You can decide how far down you want to cut to clear various pinch points during the swivel without touching the metal bar. I cut mine at the highest point, so I still need to force the plastic side around some metal pinch points on the base of the seat.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
On my 2020 which I believe is the same as the 2021, I cut the trim below the clip that holds the plastic to the bracket.
It seemed to , the clip doesn't even snap tight the bracket any way. Typical Ford quality. If I remember I might go back and zip tie it ... because. I also made a spacer out of 1/2" aluminum bar stock that I put between the swivel an the seat rails to provide some clearance for the wiring harness when the seat is in the bottom position. That had the side benefit of allowing enough swivel clearance for the plastic on the seat without having to cut above the level of that bracket.

IMG_2316.JPG IMG_2320.JPG IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2322.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems like many new Transit owners received their backordered Scopemas this week. I've also got one in Bellingham, just north of you. The shape makes me think it might make a cool space-ship type of toy for my boy.
🚀🙂
Did y'all order from the swivel shop, or scopema directly?

·
Registered
2021 HR EL AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered from Nomad Vanz as well and got it within a week. Would recommend going through them, was cheaper with the exchange rate as well with them coming from BC, Canada..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts