Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... anyone have an answer to what the pocket on the front edge of the door is really intended for? It is hidden under the cup holder when the door is closed. I asked at the dealership and they had no clue.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and attention to this matter.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
In Merikuh it's so you can break your smartphone in half when you close the door.

In the rest of the world: it's to keep your pack of cigarettes so you aren't tempted to pull one out and smoke while driving (for fleet vehicles that do not allow smoking)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Hide your credit card so when you are out of the vehicle, no one can see it. If you have picked up your Transit recently, you can see the decal that I asked Ford to place in that area so you would not place your phone there. You won't believe the answer I got from them when I requested them to place that decal in that spot!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its intended to crush your smartphone if you put it in there and close the door (don't do this, many have crushed their smartphones this way) Some use it to hide wallets. I store a digital air pressure gage in mine.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
BEWARE

There is a seam in the bottom of the pocket where it meets the door panel. Credit cards, drivers license etc can slip down and disappear into the door.
Clever people would line the bottom with tape to prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It holds a GPS real well...

If the wind catches the door when you are stowing or retrieving it, it also breaks a GPS really well...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I just viewed the video that @ tecknojoe; posted in the thread on the HD cargo floor and noticed at 2:45 that something is missing on the 2020 Transit passenger door:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
asdrew

You can see me in the YouTube video starting at 1:50 when I walk by with the Black Ford bag and then in front of the van (1:55 to 2:15) on the phone while Tiffany is talking about the van.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
OMG I was just going to say put your weed in it!

Beaten to the punch again!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You can see me in the YouTube video starting at 1:50 when I walk by with the Black Ford bag and then in front of the van (1:55 to 2:15) on the phone while Tiffany is talking about the van.
I thought all those people were paid extras. :D
Way to photobomb! 0:)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I had just talked to her about that cargo van and after taking pictures of it realized it had the Power Sliding Door option on it even though they never directed the viewers to it. This van had the 3 passenger front seat in it as well as the AWD and the Power Sliding Door.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I keep one of my switch blades in it. Easy to grab on the way out if someone is forcing you out of the vehicle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts