Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Ford Transit Trail and its unique options & price!

13076 172
We NOW have the information for the 2023 Ford Transit Trail model and with the video, we now can see what one looks like. Here is the listing of the option and what makes up this particular option.

*Transit Trail (47N)
Availability:
  • Cargo van...ONLY body style
  • 3.5L EcoBoost engine (99G)
  • AWD model
*Medium and High roof models with 148" Wheelbase and High roof 148" Wheelbase/Extended Length
* 9,500 GVWR body codes / W2C, W2X, and W3U

Includes:

• 3.5" body lift with improved ground clearance, approach and departure angles
  • 2.75" increase in frontal and rear track width
  • Unique Transit Trail badge
  • 16" Transit Trail Black Alloy Wheels
  • 245/75 R16 Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse All Terrain Tire
  • Slider Style Side Steps (Driver & Passenger sides)
  • Unique Black Transit Trail Grille with integrated grille lamps
  • Black HID Headlamps (91C)
  • Unique Skid Plate Style Front Bumper
  • Unique Transit Trail Splash Guards and Wheel Arch Cladding
  • Front Wheel Arch Liners
  • Intelligent Access with Push Button Start (41J)
  • Blind Spot Assist 1.0 (65A)
  • Front Fog Lamps (55D)
  • Auxiliary Fuse Panel with High Spec Interface Connector (87E)
  • Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth, 4 way manual Swivel Driver & Passenger Seats (21T)
  • SYNC4 with Sirius XM, 360L, HD Radio, and 12" Display (58C)
  • High Resolution Digital Camera (61E)
  • Power Outlet - 110V/400W (90D)
  • Power Point - 12V (87A)
  • Front Overhead Shelf (66D)
  • Reverse Sensing System (43R)
  • Side Sensing System (94A)
  • Fixed Rear Cargo Door Glass and Fixed Passenger Side Glass (17B)
  • Illuminated Sun Visors (85C)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (60D) except w/ Audio package 58F
  • Privacy Glass (92E)
  • Dual AGM Batteries (63E)
  • Keyless Entry Pad (52C)
  • Dual Note Horns (85D)
  • B-Pillar Assist Handle (41B)
  • Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow package (53B)
    Upgradeable Features/Options
    (additional charge options)
  • Roof Vent (76B)
  • Extended Range Fuel Tank (655)
  • SYNC4 with Sirius XM, 360L, HD Radio with Navigation, Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (iACC) and 12" Audio Package (58F)
  • 360 Degree Camera with Split View feature and Front Washer (61D)
  • Upfitter Package (67C)
  • Ebony Leather, 10 way Power Heated Driver & Passenger seats (21S)
NON Available Options
* Remote Start (68B)
* Heavy-Duty Cargo Flooring (60B)
* Exterior Upgrade Package - SRW (18D)/ DRW (18L)
* Rear View Display in Rear View Mirror (61B)
* MyKey (62B)
* Rear Bumper Delete (43F)
* Interior Upgrade Package (96C)
* Load Area Protection Package (96D)
* Reverse Brake Assist (43S)
* 'E' Transit
* Front/Rear A/C with floor heat (57G)
* Bulkheads - Options (47T) and (47U)
* Heavy-Duty Scuff Plate Kit (85B)
* Enhanced Active Park Assist (94B)
* Virtual Rear View Mirror (90C)
* ANY Factory Running Boards (68H) (68L) (68J)
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,665 Posts
I was really curious how Ford would address the tires not fitting underneath with the larger tire size.
Me too. It might be as simple as a rear door mounted carrier, but that doesn't seem like an elegant solution. I also would have expected them to list the rear door mounted spare in the very long list of what is included in Trail version.

But, if that is the way they go then the spare tire area will be available to mount a water tank so that wouldn't be all bad. I did notice that the Trail option is only available on the long wheelbase. That might mean that the underside will be modified to accommodate the larger tire, and that the extra space needed just isn't there on a short wheelbase.

It's Ford... whatever they do, you know it will be the one that costs the less overall regardless of convenience or functionality.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,665 Posts
To me, this is the only interesting thing about this build. If I had to guess, they are probably just running a stock 235/65r16 as a spare.
That is a very good possibility, along with a sticker warning that it is only good for 30mph and 30 miles distance, so that it doesn't screw up the AWD. Or maybe they will have a "AWD off button that needs to be pressed.

·
Registered
On order R2D 250 Med Roof Crew AWD
158 Posts
That is a very good possibility, along with a sticker warning that it is only good for 30mph and 30 miles distance, so that it doesn't screw up the AWD. Or maybe they will have a "AWD off button that needs to be pressed.
Having an option to turn the AWD off would be nice but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It sure seems like a no brainer to me that Ford should at least offer a full size spare and alloy wheel as an option for the Trail. From what I understand, a full size spare will fit under the W3U (extended length) and they should somehow modify the high and mid roof long wheelbase models to accommodate one. As well as being far superior to a 235/65R16 a full size spare could also be included in regular tire rotations instead of hang around under the van getting old and doing SFA!

This is likely a tall and unreasonable order for a company that hasn't been able to build me a van for 18 months now.😭

·
Registered
6 Posts
The biggest negative of this package is the forced 17B FIXED Rear Cargo Door Glass and FIXED Passenger Side Glass. Even though some of the prototype models had NO Glass, this one follows the same features as the Adventure Prep package with the FIXED GLASS.
Thanks CrewVanManInfo for this Post. In reference to the Glass: Im guessing this is not a Crew Van... so you would not get the Drivers side glass opposite the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm trying to order the new 2023 Ford Transit Trail and I was wondering if there are any dealers offering anything off MSRP through this forum?

When I ordered my hybrid plug in Jeep Wrangler (also first month it came out) I was able to make contact with a dealer offering 5% off Invoice but only through contact via the Jeep forum. I was hoping to find out if there are any magic connections on this forum like this?

Thanks,
Robyn

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic built out by Paradigm Van Conversions.
262 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm trying to order the new 2023 Ford Transit Trail and I was wondering if there are any dealers offering anything off MSRP through this forum?

When I ordered my hybrid plug in Jeep Wrangler (also first month it came out) I was able to make contact with a dealer offering 5% off Invoice but only through contact via the Jeep forum. I was hoping to find out if there are any magic connections on this forum like this?

Thanks,
Robyn
Search KoonsWoodbridgeFord they were offering up some deals. You might find mention of others as well through the search function. Either way ordering a 2023 at this point is not going to have price protection because it won't be a COVP order. I would figure out what dealer you want to deal with and order a 2024 as soon as the COVP order bank opens up. Some dealers are ordering them as stock units but if/when those will be delivered is tough to say and I doubt you'll find a deal on one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Search KoonsWoodbridgeFord they were offering up some deals. You might find mention of others as well through the search function. Either way ordering a 2023 at this point is not going to have price protection because it won't be a COVP order. I would figure out what dealer you want to deal with and order a 2024 as soon as the COVP order bank opens up. Some dealers are ordering them as stock units but if/when those will be delivered is tough to say and I doubt you'll find a deal on one.
Thanks for the recommendation! I am in the same boat, trying to order over the next few months. What is a COVP order? I thought the 2024 model would be available to order on June 1st 2023, or does that date change from year to year? I looked at the transit for sale in this forum, and for new transits the sellers are still asking above MSRP (even for 2022). I have some specific must haves, like the swivel seats and power sliding door and the digital rear view mirror, etc, so I most likely will have to put in a special order instead of buying from stock. Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic built out by Paradigm Van Conversions.
262 Posts
@angeljia Wanting a power slider will pretty much insure that you won't find one. That option has been holding up vans for over a year now. COVP is the customer verification program for ordering a van through a dealership that is specifically for you. They will take a copy of your driver's license among other things for the verification to Ford that it is for you and not a stock ordered unit for the dealership.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
My contact at Ford is telling me based on parts availability we should see some of the first Transit Trail orders being scheduled around the end of April. This would possibly be the retail customer orders that were changed over to the Transit Trail option with those orders already having the W2C, W2X, or W3U body codes. Any other Transit Trail orders would possibly be ordered as stock units and those may go further down the line after the rest of the retail customer orders are completed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone tell me what the w2 codes mean? I googled it but didn't find so far. I'm wanting to order the 148" wheelbase high roof and the middle length (19.8') I'm using measurements instead of the name because it seems the terms are being used differently depending on who I talk to. My order sheet says W2X. Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can someone tell me what the w2 codes mean? I googled it but didn't find so far. I'm wanting to order the 148" wheelbase high roof and the middle length (19.8') I'm using measurements instead of the name because it seems the terms are being used differently depending on who I talk to. My order sheet says W2X. Thanks!
This link will give you a table of the body codes

·
Registered
170 Posts
So you can't option for opening glass on the slider? sucks.
And I guess optioning for no glass so you can add better/more functional aftermarket windows later is also off the table. Only a psychopath would want no windows whatsoever!
View attachment 181244
Well good luck finding opening rear windows that look decent. I ordered a 21 Adventure package, etc, so it was basically the same thing except no body lift and short wheelbase ( better offroad IMO ) and they would have credited me if I deleted the windows. However when I looked online there's nothing decent IMO, so I kept them in and ordered a drivers side opening and two " bunk" style that opened in the back ( C to D pillar ). Works fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hmm.. Hopefully, down the road, I can order the wheels and wheelwell cladding but other than that I'm happier with my 21 short wheelbase MR basically outfitted the same- especially since it's looking like I saved almost 20k!
So far I haven't needed or wanted a body lift kit. I do know them well. As far as I know my friend kinda came up with the idea, in the 70s as a mechanic for Gardena Datsun. Back before you could buy a mini truck with 4wd, we put them on ours and ran bigger tires for desert romping. Was obviously going to be popular since so many people used to stop and ask or be under my truck looking when I came out of stores. He should have patented it, 😆
Since then I've changed my style of desert exploring and don't want a higher center of gravity.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts