Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
The 36" double seats have LATCH points on the aisle seat, and all have a tether point on the back.
If you need to use the window seat, you can share one LATCH point from the other position and hook into the seat belt buckle by the window.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The 36" seat has the car seat attachment for the seat. The factory 62" CrewVan seat has 2 chosen seats while the smaller seat just has the one specified by Ford. If you get the 36" seat from a XLT passenger van, it has the 3" to 4" recline feature for EACH seat and the RH armrest at the end of the seat. A seat coming from a XL passenger van is a stationary seat and does not have the recline feature or the armrest. BOTH has the individual seat belss for each seat.

The seat fits into the 2 LH floor brackets when you remove the 62" 3 passenger seat leaving the outside mounting bracket open. I have been working on a floor plug to insert into the exposed bracket opening and just waiting on the wooden blocks to be done. The matching vinyl covering is already completed so once I get the wooded blocks, they are glued to the vinyl panel and then you just inset the completed unit into the opening.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Finding the 2020 Transit take-out seats are getting harder to find and the upfitters are going more for the complete 'delete' seat options so they are placing aftermarket seats in the Transit rather than using the factory seats. The seats coming through the pipeline now are mostly the Dark Palazzo Gray Vinyl seats and very few if any Cloth seats and those few seats are from the lower priced XL passenger van so those seats do not have the 3" to 4" recline feature or the one-sided armrest that is from the XLT upgraded model.

All of the 2020 Transit models have been built so the flow of seats has pretty much come to the end. The 2021 models will be out starting in February so we may see more 2021 seats available which should have the same material trim as the 2020 model.

·
Registered
102 Posts
...I have been working on a floor plug to insert into the exposed bracket opening and just waiting on the wooden blocks to be done. The matching vinyl covering is already completed so once I get the wooded blocks, they are glued to the vinyl panel and then you just inset the completed unit into the opening...
Please let us know when we can order floor plugs. I appreciate your thoughtfullness. Thanks, M

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finding the 2020 Transit take-out seats are getting harder to find and the upfitters are going more for the complete 'delete' seat options so they are placing aftermarket seats in the Transit rather than using the factory seats. The seats coming through the pipeline now are mostly the Dark Palazzo Gray Vinyl seats and very few if any Cloth seats and those few seats are from the lower priced XL passenger van so those seats do not have the 3" to 4" recline feature or the one-sided armrest that is from the XLT upgraded model.

All of the 2020 Transit models have been built so the flow of seats has pretty much come to the end. The 2021 models will be out starting in February so we may see more 2021 seats available which should have the same material trim as the 2020 model.
We are interested in finding a 2 person bench seat in dark vinyl that could be installed in our 2020 cargo van behind the driver. We need to do a straightforward install if possible. Or even find an upfitter if one exists. We're in Florida but can drive somewhere else. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Out of the same deal with the Ford Transit wheels, I ended up with some more take-out Ford Transit seats. These are the 3 passenger 54" seat, 2 passenger 36" seat, and the single passenger seat by the side door with 4 stationary legs mounted on the floor. A few of these single seats are from 2019 model Transits so they comes with the quick release floor mounts.

The special deal with these seats are some are the Charcoal Leather factory seats. These are the hardest ones to get as take-out seats. The others are the Charcoal Cloth and Pewter Cloth seats that are more common as far as getting these from the handicap and conversion van companies.

I hope to sell these in the Texas area as well as the areas from Texas to Missouri on my trips to Matt Ford. The problem with shipping them are they have to be placed on a slid and covered along with going as freight like shipping via FedEx Freight.

Pricing on the Charcoal Leather seats; 54" $500, 36" $400, single 4 leg seat, $250
Charcoal Cloth or Pewter Cloth seats; 54" $300, 36' $250, single 4 leg seat, $250
The single 4 leg seat with the $250 price will have the quick release seat brackets.
Since these seats did not come with the removed floor mounting brackets, I will be selling the factory floor mounting brackets ordered from Ford for $52 each. All of the seats will use the same floor mounting bracket EXCEPT the single seat and it uses different mounting brackets if you place it in the same position as in the original passenger van by the side door.
I need the rear double seat that goes between the two single seats in the 15 passenger van

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I need the rear double seat that goes between the two single seats in the 15 passenger van
What year model and seating material do you have in your passenger. From 2015-19, you could have had the Pewter Cloth or Charcoal Cloth seating. If would be Pewter Vinyl if you havd the XL passenger van and during those years they had 2 different factory Leather seats. If you are not sure, send me your 17 digit VIN by PM and I can pull up your original window sticker.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts