Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a deal I have been working on for a while and finally made it happen!

These are take-off wheels from Ford Transit conversion vans with the Black Transit rims. They had the Silver Full Wheels Covers on them as they were originally from Passenger vans. So I can sell you the bare Black rims or with Silver Wheel Covers.

The Black rims will be $60 each plus shipping with the wheels covers at $30 each.
The factory Aluminum wheels will be $85 each. Both wheels come with the factory lugs nuts used on that specific wheel.

I can sell these individually or whatever quantity you need. Shipping will done through UPS based on quoted shipping price.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Pretty attractive. I upgraded to OEM cast wheels earlier this year.

Prospective buyers may wish to know: Those OEM aluminum wheels are probably the "easy clean" style, since they're coming off of newer Transits?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they are the Easy Clean style like you would order on the Transit. If you have these wheels and have tried to clean off the brake dust, that is NOT so easy to do! They are off 2018-19 Transits, mostly passenger vans.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I've been pretty happy cleaning the "easy clean" wheels. Would not like to clean the non easy clean, though.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I think they were restricted from ordering from the factory on certain models. If you have a 2018 or 2019, I can still do a simulated build using your VIN and see if the Ford system would let me build it with the aluminum wheels.

Send your 17 digit VIN to [email protected] and I can pull up the window sticker and do a build on the system to see if the specs on your van could order the wheels.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first group of factory Transit Aluminum wheels are sold out. I bought a skid of 20 wheels on the Aluminum as well as the Black rims and a few sets of the Silver wheel covers. Figured the Black rims would work well for Transit owners wanting to use them for winter tires and just keep them on separate rims.

I am working to get some more of the Aluminum wheels as soon as they are released. Still in good shape on the Black rims and can sell them with or without the Silver wheel covers. Dropping the price on the Black rims to $55 and Silver wheel covers to $25 plus shipping. You can get them separately or together as a set.

I have inquired on getting some of the 2020 wheels especially for the AWD Transit and those may be available in late January or February based on when they get their first models. Hope to see what aftermarket wheels are available in November at the SEMA Show and be able to have pictures and information in case you want to go with something other than the stock wheels.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I worked a deal to get the last 12 aluminum wheels so now have those available for sale. There were some others that had some slight scratches that I did not get and if someone wanted them to go with a powder coated wheel in a dull or gloss black color, you could buff these out and make them look rugged. I saw a set of these that someone did the wrinkle power coating surface and this was a neat look on the wheels with the Magnetic exterior paint.

If there is enough interest in the scratched wheels, I may get those at a reduced price and make those available for buyers who want to go with the wrinkle power coating on the aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would like to know the full price for 4 black rims to 55431.

Thanks,

-Dave

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have some wheels there are well as in Texas. Since I'm only at Matt Ford when making deliveries to Transit customers, I will be shipping more from Texas than in Missouri. I shipped some of the Black Transit rims from Kansas City last year and the rates can be cheaper especially going further north.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
One set of the Black steel rims will be going to get powder coated for use in areas where the roads get treated for winter. Getting powder coated will insure that they will not get any scratches on them as well as any rusty surfaces building up on them.

There are a few scratches on the inner side of the wheels where the Silver Wheel Covers get mounted and scratch the paint. If you decide to go with the ALL Black wheel, you can repaint or power coat the wheel and use either the larger black center cap from the Silver Steel rim or get the small Fleet center cap that just covers the small center area of the wheel. Ford dropped using the smaller cap for the larger one with complaints from fleet customers as those wheels came with the plastic caps over the lugs nuts. A few forum members went with these smaller caps and chrome or black aftermarket lug nuts.

I had Eddie McQueen at Matt Ford locate ALL of the fleet center caps in dealer inventories and got them for future use since Ford dropped them. Contact me if you have interest in getting some of these rare center caps.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would have to see if they happen to have one of the conversion Transits there where they place other tire/wheel combinations on it and have the take-offs there with tires on them. Would you have to have a particular tire on the rim as they would be a factory size tires but might be a Hankook or Continental tire.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will see what is available on my next trip to OK. Looking at getting some 54" 3 passenger seats for recovering with a NEW leather seating package to go on the special Matt Ford 'CrewVan Edition'. Ford will not have the Leather seating or the swivel seats available for the CrewVan. Hoping to offer BOTH options for our labelled vehcile

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just shipped a set of the Aluminum Wheels to MN so now have 3 sets left. Once these are gone, looks like there will be no more until they get some more vans in to do conversions. Still have plenty of the Black steel rims so if you want to get ready for the winter months and get the tires while they are available, the rims are boxes and ready for shipping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
how much 4 black rims to 02176? thnx

1 - 20 of 39 Posts