Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Transit Skyliner Concept is a Private Jet on Wheels » AutoGuide.com News

The American automaker just revealed its Transit Skyliner Concept with four dramatic modes: theater, business, reception and travel. Inside, the commercial van now features custom-designed “throne” seats that are movable and can be repositioned automatically, controlled by a smartphone or tablet. The result is a versatile commercial van that takes advantage of the Transit’s 487 cubic feet of interior space.

In theater mode, the custom van has the seats facing the 52-inch retractable Stewart movie screen and recline for optimal cinematic viewing, while in business mode, a motorized table unfolds so that the leather-trimmed seats can gather around for a face-to-face conversation. If the Transit is attending an event, the sliding doors can open four-feet wide and the seats can be arranged for easy entertaining. Lastly, the travel mode can have passengers adjusting their reclining seats and retractable footrests for ultimate comfort and relaxation. There’s even in a built-in bar and matching custom luggage components to the vehicle’s interior.

On the outside, the Ford Transit received a custom silver metallic paint scheme that has been contrasted by custom Forgiato wheels.

·
Registered
169 Posts

This is pretty crazy. I've never seen such a beautiful commercial van. That is traveling in the lap of luxury.

Now obviously this is just a concept, but the fact that this is possible with the Ford Transit is amazing.

I wonder how much a van outfitted like this would cost in the end. I think this thing would cost more than a pretty penny.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can see this being popular with film stars and billionaires... that's lavish and could actually be a great little tranche of fleet business ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts

This is pretty crazy. I've never seen such a beautiful commercial van. That is traveling in the lap of luxury.

Now obviously this is just a concept, but the fact that this is possible with the Ford Transit is amazing.

I wonder how much a van outfitted like this would cost in the end. I think this thing would cost more than a pretty penny.
you haven't seen much, or none at all. A number of companies have done this with the sprinter, examples:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Kaleidescape movie server in the back of that van costs half as much as my whole van did when I bought it, so yep, this rig will run ya!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I guess I could get a few sheets of plywood in the slider and between the rear seats, but it wouldn't be very practical. It doesn't look like it even has back doors to load longer boards or bags of cement or anything.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I can see this being popular with film stars and billionaires... that's lavish and could actually be a great little tranche of fleet business ;)
Dude, wealthy people don't ride in vans, they ride in town cars to/from where ever they're going and their helicopters. Maybe some mid-level midwest executives or kids going to prom or something might ride in this.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Wine country tours here (I'm 25 miles from Napa Valley) use these van setups. The bourgeoisie love them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, wealthy people don't ride in vans, they ride in town cars to/from where ever they're going and their helicopters. Maybe some mid-level midwest executives or kids going to prom or something might ride in this.
I know this thread is oldish, but the richest guy I've every met (billionaire) rides around in a custom sprinter. His security guys drive a matching GL450. The sprinter is set up with satellite TV, wifi, four recliners with tables, fridge, etc. Private jet level of fit and finish.

The thing keeping the ultra wealthy out of a transit isn't the fact that it is a van, it's the blue oval on the front.

My question is how are the seats in this thing secured if you can move them around with a tablet?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I do not understand why a three slice pizza is supposed to be higher status.
Pizza is good, no question, but with the majority of Americans suffering weight problems, you may not want one on your grill.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Aftermarket upfitters are the ones making the "nice" stuff, always have been. You cannot, and will not, buy a delivery van made into a limousine from a manufacturer like Ford or Mercedes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts