Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Ford Transit scheduling for March

1546 27
This week the Transits pulled for production are the first ones for March. ALL 10 of these orders are for WEEK of March 6th. These were first referenced on the other forum thread for January/February build dates.
Reactions: ADVMuppet
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
This week the Transits pulled for production are the first ones for March. ALL 10 of these orders are for WEEK of March 6th. These were first referenced on the other forum thread for January/February build dates.
Have you had any van's pulled for production that feature the Digital Rearview Mirror? I ordered it with mine in July but it seems to be an issue now.

· Registered
8 Posts
I got a notice from Ford that my 2023 is being built the first week of March. They dropped a bunch of options from my original 2022 order when transferring over to the 2023 so I am no longer taking delivery of this tin can. Reach out if you want it.

Order D333/Sales Code F44014
Original MSRP $61235
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

New MSRP $65970
Font Material property Screenshot Paper Parallel

· Registered
3 Posts
I got a notice from Ford that one of these being built the first week of March is mine. They dropped a bunch of options from my original 2022 order so I am no longer taking delivery of this tin can. Reach out if you want it.

Order D333/Sales Code F44014
Original MSRP $61235 View attachment 184525

New MSRP $65970
View attachment 184526
Which version ended up getting built? The first order sheet looks similar to what I’ve been on the hunt for.

· Registered
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your dealer is the one that built the 2023 order. They were not smart enough to know about the changes in the Adventure Prep package so they did not follow through making the correct order decisions. Example is the seating where the first order had the 10 way Power/Heater Ebony Cloth seats and the second order had the regular 2 way Ebony Cloth seats.

· Registered
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ford is previewing 5 of our allocation this week. Next week will be the last 4 for the month. They did 19 for this month.
All have the 3.5L EcoBoost engine and 2 of them are CrewVans. Since Ford has stopped taking orders on those body styles, they have started using the Priority Code '2' for those orders as they are wanting to get those cleared out before they start building out the Transit Trail models.

· Registered
49 Posts
Ford is previewing 5 of our allocation this week. Next week will be the last 4 for the month. They did 19 for this month.
All have the 3.5L EcoBoost engine and 2 of them are CrewVans. Since Ford has stopped taking orders on those body styles, they have started using the Priority Code '2' for those orders as they are wanting to get those cleared out before they start building out the Transit Trail models.
Does that mean they are prioritizing building CrewVans over other body styles?

· Registered
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are moving some of the CrewVans to Priority Code '2' when they get parts lined up and they are doing them in larger groups. They want to get those out of the way so they can concentrate on the Transit Trail model which may be starting once they get the 3rd shift working on April 3rd.

· Registered
6 Posts
They are moving some of the CrewVans to Priority Code '2' when they get parts lined up and they are doing them in larger groups. They want to get those out of the way so they can concentrate on the Transit Trail model which may be starting once they get the 3rd shift working on April 3rd.
That's hopeful news.
On January 1, I received the joyful news that Ford was sorry, again, for supply chain problems, blah, blah, blah.... What a nice way to start the new year, I thought.
Then, two weeks later, rather than 45 days later as usual, I received the same email.
This leads me to believe something is happening for my dually, high roof, long bed, crew van that I ordered 53 weeks ago and paid in full two weeks before Christmas.

· Registered
10 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo
Ed, have you ordered Any '23s with the Power Sliding Side Door & if so have any been Scheduled/Built?
My dealer just called me asking if I wanted to remove the PSSD because they said it's doubtful it will get built in MY23 if I keep it. I ordered a MY22 in September 2021 and have been waiting since then, switched to a MY23 and it seems the PSSD is the big hold up. So I too would be interested if @CrewVanManInfo has seen any PSSD orders pulled. PSSD is a non-negotiable for my family - we want it, but I'm concerned by "Late Availability" Ford really means never (again)...

· Registered
U8U-2022 T350HD HR 148 EL AWD Cargo, EcoBoost, 3.73 LSD, 11,000 lb. GVWR, Oxford White, Fully Loaded
121 Posts
My dealer just called me asking if I wanted to remove the PSSD because they said it's doubtful it will get built in MY23 if I keep it. I ordered a MY22 in September 2021 and have been waiting since then, switched to a MY23 and it seems the PSSD is the big hold up. So I too would be interested if @CrewVanManInfo has seen any PSSD orders pulled. PSSD is a non-negotiable for my family - we want it, but I'm concerned by "Late Availability" Ford really means never (again)...
@CrewVanManInfo @CrewVanMan still hasn't replied to my post/query, I suspect he's Over the whole Transit PSSD Debacle 🤣. I have personally seen the weekly FDNB Production Constraints List for the Transit & can confirm that Ford states the PSSD is "Currently Unavailable For Production", as opposed to Several options that are "Limited Availability". I'm wondering if Ford's PSSD Supplier went bust during the Plandemic & they're having to hunt down a new Supplier, especially seeing that the PSSD parts are "Out Of Stock/Unavailable For Order" from Ford Parts Distributors for repairs to existing vans... 🤔

· Registered
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Power Sliding Side Door is still in 'HOLD' status as getting a Transit order scheduled. Most of the other options are showing up getting scheduled like the 3.5L EcoBoost engine, SYNC4 audio packages, Black HID Headlamps, and the Virtual Rear View Mirror. The passenger vans have been the biggest holdup with the HID Headlamps and SYNC4 audio package as standard equipment on those models.

If you want the Power Sliding Side Door, it is just a 'wait it out' situation. To be sure you get a 2023 Transit, I would not wait past June to make a change to remove it as waiting too late after making the change would not give you time to get your Transit scheduled. Ford waited too late in 2022 to tell us the option would not be available and by the time we changed orders to reflect the change, there was not enough scheduling time to get those Transits scheduled as a 2022 model.

· Registered
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@CrewVanManInfo @CrewVanMan still hasn't replied to my post/query, I suspect he's Over the whole Transit PSSD Debacle 🤣. I have personally seen the weekly FDNB Production Constraints List for the Transit & can confirm that Ford states the PSSD is "Currently Unavailable For Production", as opposed to Several options that are "Limited Availability". I'm wondering if Ford's PSSD Supplier went bust during the Plandemic & they're having to hunt down a new Supplier, especially seeing that the PSSD parts are "Out Of Stock/Unavailable For Order" from Ford Parts Distributors for repairs to existing vans... 🤔
I really think the supplier is not releasing the PSSD option at the price Ford is pricing to the customer. The aftermarket PSSD has a parts only cost of close to $2500 and then installation has been running another $1500+. My former handicap upfitter in TX had been installing these in LR & MR passenger vans with no problems. If the PSSD is a requirement for you, best to just remove the factory one from your order at some point and plan on adding the aftermarket one. Start making your search NOW so if the factory one does not make a appearance, you can have a plan for getting the aftermarket one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts