Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the inquiries I made at the SEMA Show and then online, there is a set of the Ford Transit rear wheel well liners in route to the dealership. These are a sample set from Lokari in Germany for us to test out and if they are acceptable we will be ordering them by the container for USA distribution. When it looked as though that Penda was not interested in going forward with doing them for the USA market, Lokari was interested in making them available and by sending a set for testing, they are serious in having their products in the USA marketplace.

This can be the chance for all of the Transit owners who have the front wheel well liners to have a set for the rear. Once we see that these rear liners will be acceptable for the Transit, we hope to get pricing available and have them available for sale through the dealership and as a addition to the 2020 Matt Ford CrewVan Edition options.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good, because to get them from that German company, the cost is pretty high, especially with shipping tacked on.

I'm sure bulk orders will drop the price a bit. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm very interested in those. I haven't insulated my van yet and when a rear tire throws a rock at highway speed it's deafening.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear wheel well liners arrived at Matt Ford yesterday. Hope to see them next week and see how they look. May use them for a test installation to see how nice they fit and if so, we are looking at using them as part of the CrewVan Edition added packages at the beginning and may do some distribution later if the quantities are adequate.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at the rear wheel well liners from Lokari while at Matt Ford last week. They look pretty nice and was wanting to add them to the 2020 CrewVan coming to Matt Ford but it has been delayed at least until March (showing a WEEK of February 17th build date, so ??? if we get it) so we may try and use it on another Transit to see how it fits and looks.

We are looking at making these as part of the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition option list and may offer them separately for other models sold at the dealership. A lot depends on the price and quantity that would be required to order a container coming from Germany. These liners came in a huge box from Germany but would be placed in the container by themselves but if we sold them outside the dealership the cost would be high due to the size of the liners placed in a box and not the weight.

More to come once we place them on a Transit and see how they fit. I have sent for some pricing based on the smallest container they supply with the quantity of liners that can fit inside.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I brought them back with me to Texas so I could get my guy who does custom boxes to come up with a shipping box for these since they were sent in a lot larger box than would be needed. I showed them to a forum member in the Houston area yesterday when I delivered a 31" 2 passenger seat for his custom setup on a 10 passenger van.

Here they are! They are going to get fitted with a shipping box made especially to ship them in the USA so I will have a size, weight, and cost to ship them based on specific areas. Working on getting a price for shipping a container of these rear wheel liners and possibly the matching front ones since they are a heavier material than the ones made by Penda and offered by Ford on the current Transit.

·
Registered
2020 Cargo T-350 LWB HR EB on order...
149 Posts
I really want a set of these assuming they will fit a QuadVan conversion. Please add me to your list if you haven’t already.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It will be interesting to see if they negatively affect installation of a larger tire size than the stock tires.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
No, these are for the SRW model only. I have inquired about the DRW ones as well as the front ones in case we go with the matching set of front and rear wheel well liners. These are a lot thicker material than the ones made by Penda for Ford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, these are for the SRW model only. I have inquired about the DRW ones as well as the front ones in case we go with the matching set of front and rear wheel well liners. These are a lot thicker material than the ones made by Penda for Ford.
When do you expect to have these products available?

·
Registered
50 Posts
CVM:
When will we know how much and availability?
I'd love to have these on my new van before it goes back on the road after it's winter hibernation.
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I sent a email to Lokari in Germany to get a price on shipping a container of the Inner Rear Wheel Well liners as well as getting some of the matching front ones. The material on their liners is a lot thinker than the ones made by Penda for Ford and I feel most buyers would want to have a matching set as far as look and material.

I am planning on installing the one Lokari sent to us on the Matt Ford CrewVan to see how it fits and looks. If it looks to be something that installs easily and looks good, we will pursue ordering a shipping container to be used as part of the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition and may make them available to other Matt Ford customers in the beginning. On all of the Matt Ford stock order units I am leaving out the factory front wheel well liners so if we get the ones from Lokari, I will be looking at getting BOTH the front and rear ones for a optional installation on these vehicles.

I have the one set on hand at my friend's custom box company to make a special shipping box that will be as small as possible to keep the shipping cost down to a minimum as the box that Lokari was not a good fit. Once I get the final design for the custom box and the pricing on a shipped container of the liners, I will have a price available based on selling through the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition and see how those sell for the Transits I have coming in. From what I can see with this set of liners, a small container could fit about 20-25 sets of the liners so that may give us close to 10 sets to sell separately.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts