Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this information from a call to the Ford Ordering System area that handles ALL of the Ford vehicles through the various assembly plants. There wasn't a specific reason given for this hold but it may have to do with parts supply issues or more fleet orders being placed in front of customer orders. From driving around the holding lots and the rail yard where the Transits are loaded for shipment, it looks like Ford has been building a lot of fleet ordered Transits and very few that look to be customer ordered vehicles.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the last 3 weeks, Ford has been showing a weekly allocation for us from 15 to 17 available Transits for scheduling and NONE were scheduled. This made me go up the ladder to contact some Ford personnel to find out what's going on and the result was finding out about the HOLD on the Transit orders not scheduled for build.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 'HOLD' has to do with Transits that are showing 'Unscheduled - Clean' on the Vehicle Visibility website. If you have a VIN and build date, then your Transit is scheduled for production.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With making contact with Ford on this situation, they gave me a case number to follow up on February 24th concerning the 'HOLD' and I will be contacting them on that date and have more followup on what is going on and how production will proceed from that date. I have a few ideas that were already discussed before and they may just come out and verify if one or both situations are happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts