Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford released these images which give us plenty of details about the Transit van. I thought I'd post them all here so that everyone can see them easily. I like that you can see the differences between the different Ford Transit models here visually. Hope you guys enjoy!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks for posting these but do you think you can find them in a bigger size just so the text, which is the most valuable here, can be seen clear enough?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What is "tow/haul mode" that comes w/ the heavy duty trailer/tow package?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks, reading their forum explains what it does , and shows that among users there is no consensus on when to engage.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Thanks, reading their forum explains what it does , and shows that among users there is no consensus on when to engage.
When we had our 2008 Chevy Express van/rv, I would use the tow/haul mode in stop & go traffic and when in hilly or mountainous country. Keeps the upshift/downshift to a minimum. Reprograms the trans to upshift at a bit higher speed & rpm, and downshifts earlier giving the engine braking effect assistance without manual intervention. Also increases the line pressures for firmer shifts.
All the vehicles I've driven with this feature basically worked the same way, the most radical difference being the 2 Dodge 4500 chassis cabs we have in our local fire department with the Cummins and Aisin 6 spd auto trans. When tow/haul is engaged in them, the shifts are very harsh both up & downshifting, with VERY aggressive programming on the downshift, slowing down end

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for finding the larger image size for me. I find these the most useful for the comparison between the different sizes that you can order the Transit in. Mostly this is stuff I already know about, but its nice to see it visualized in one diagram I find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts