Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I was hoping someone could help me out...fingers crossed!

I've had an on-going issue (3 months) now with my 2010 Ford Transit Connect XLT. I had the passenger side axel replaced and have had endless issues since. After three new axels (after market OEM) and three replacement seals for the transmission (trans output seal) - it's still leaking around the seal area! I've also had the transmission overhauled (new torque converter and deferential plus seals, etc).

Every time I've had the van back the mechanics have stated that they've checked / test driven the vehicle and reported no leaks. I then drive the van for a day or two and then notice transmission fluid weeping around the output seal area.

It's been an exhausting process trying to diagnose the issue. I took the van back to the mechanic who did the trans overhaul today and he said that axel was very hot (it shouldn't be). He also noticed no heat shield around the cat converter area.

Question:
1) should there be a heat shield around the cat converter area?
2) could the excessive heat be causing the output seal to fail?

Mechanic is looking into whether there should be a heat shield, etc.

Appreciate any feedback - would be great to get this fixed!:mad::(:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All!

I've had an on-going issue (3 months) now with my 2010 Ford Transit Connect XLT. I had the passenger side axel replaced and have had endless issues since. After three new axels (after market OEM) and three replacement seals for the transmission (trans output seal) - it's still leaking around the seal area! I've also had the transmission overhauled (new torque converter and deferential plus seals, etc).

Every time I've had the van back the mechanics have stated that they've checked / test driven the vehicle and reported no leaks. I then drive the van for a day or two and then notice transmission fluid weeping around the output seal area.

It's been an exhausting process trying to diagnose the issue. I took the van back to the mechanic who did the trans overhaul today and he said that axel was very hot (it shouldn't be). He also noticed no heat shield around the cat converter area.

Question:
1) should there be a heat shield around the cat converter area?
2) could the excessive heat be causing the output seal to fail?

Mechanic is looking into whether there should be a heat shield, etc.

Appreciate any feedback - would be great to get this fixed!:mad::(:)
did you ever figure out what the problem was? i am having this same issue i am on my third axel seal.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Hi All!

did you ever figure out what the problem was? i am having this same issue i am on my third axel seal.
DaveTconnect, Flapaz,

I see you haven't received an answer yet to your question.

Please do not think that my response is an attempt to kick you off of this forum as some mistakenly have alleged. You have posted a question here about a TC. You have every right to be here and ask questions about your Transit Connect ( in whichever section you used ). Although some members here believe that giving you information about a Forum made up of members for your specific brand of vehicle, a Transit Connect, rather than a Forum made up of all the categories of Transit available and primarily focused on the full size Transit, is wrong, I don’t.

So if you choose to want to know of a Forum where the membership is focused on one type and category of vehicle only, the Transit Connect, where other TC owners may have the same questions you doand possibly answers, you can click on one or both of the below links. ? BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT TO, please don’t think you are being forced to visit that Forum if you don’t want to. It is your choice.

Good Luck in your search to answer your question.

Semper Fi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts