Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Like towing a freight train with a Lightning F-150, why bother? Is this marketing stunt going to sway future EV buyers who are more environmental than hot rodder?

If they built a concept van with 1,000 km range, future buyers may see a brighter light at end of tunnel.. A 2,000 HP electric SUPERVAN has potential to do more harm than good.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Like towing a freight train with a Lightning F-150, why bother? Is this marketing stunt going to sway future EV buyers who are more environmental than hot rodder?

If they built a concept van with 1,000 km range, future buyers may see a brighter light at end of tunnel.. A 2,000 HP electric SUPERVAN has potential to do more harm than good.
This has been a "thing" since the 1970s iirc. Nobody thinks it's real, just something to talk about.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
This has been a "thing" since the 1970s iirc. Nobody thinks it's real, just something to talk about.

I know that. However, I’m not a believer in that all press is good or beneficial to whatever their ultimate goal is. Maybe that’s what I’m not seeing clearly here (goal), but in my opinion once they went from gas-powered hot rod to electric hot rod, they have a different audience to influence. Or maybe not — who knows? Maybe BEV buyers who hypermile in order to reach next charging station can find comfort in knowing their vehicles could outrun a SuperCar for a very short distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts