Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a 2019 HR extended in the next few months, definitely want cruise control
and would love to get the ford tow package stuff but have yet to see even one with it for sale..

would like to hear from others what available options or packages you have or wish you had on your transit

thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Limited slip is CHEAP compared to having it installed later.
Dual batteries, cuz Transits have weird power drain things going on.
Radio Prep package, or base radio; install a MUCH BETTER aftermarket radio later at one tenth the cost of Ford factory options. (sometimes the high-dollar Ford systems are unavoidable because they come with a package that has a bunch of other things you want for less than they'd cost individually)
Extra keys; again CHEAP compared to buying extras later.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
High roof
Exterior color other then white
Alternator upgrade
Xtra keys

I could live without the alternator upgrade but it would be a really good upgrade that I wouldn't pass on next time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One option I could do without was the back up alarm my Transit came with! So annoying I disabled it at the speaker with no ill effects

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you are getting glass in the rear, get the privacy glass option. The glass is so big even the dark tint barely makes a difference. I'm glad I got the factory tint. I then had Ziebart put on a layer of the darkest they had. They are perfect now. A passerby can't see me changing clothes inside, but can still see out at night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you get the heavy duty tow package, make sure you find a van with the Ford brake controller factory installed. You CANNOT retrofit the Ford trailer brake controller after the fact. In addition, I tried to have an after market unit installed and it is very difficult and expensive. My solution was to trade in the one I had for 4 months for one that had the Ford trailer brake controller installed. Cost some extra but it works and is very clean. Only $230 option on new van when factory installed, not sure why Ford does not put the trailer brake controller in every transit with the heavy duty tow package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I have been very disappointed to read about the brake controller mess

And honestly I would love to find one with all of the trailer tow package and controller but I have not seen even one 2019 extended high top with that on it anywhere in the country on auto trader....
I have actually gone through all of the pictures I looked at each one in case it wasn’t listed

I have the Tekonsha RF brake controller on 1 of my RVs for years and it has been great

and I also Have the curt echo wireless brake controller and have used that and it has been fine, does anybody know of a reason I would not be able to use those?

·
Registered
2015 Ford Transit
2 Posts
You can have options like
Automatic emergency braking, frontal collision warning feature
blind-spot monitoring and cross-traffic alert
Towing and Hauling
optional PFDi V6 petrol engine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts