Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to this forum. Did a brief search without results

Does anyone know if other Ford OEM wheels fit the Transit? Like F150 wheels, for example? My gut tells me 'no' since they don't share a chassis, but this van is new to me, 2016 350 XLT, so I thought I'd ask more experienced folks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if other Ford OEM wheels fit the Transit? Like F150 wheels, for example?
Nope. A quick Google search shows the F150 has a 5x135 bolt pattern. The Transit has a 5x160 bolt pattern.

Simply search Google for other vehicles' bolt patterns if you want to check others.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Transit wheels are oddballs. If you need another set of wheels, keep an eye out here, and your local Craig's. It's not uncommon for them to show up, as people "upgrade" (I don't always agree) their wheels.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Grampswrx has the standard size, OEM "easy clean" alloy wheels -- the same that I upgraded to earlier this year. Nice wheels. Mostly seen as upgrade accessories on wagons custom-ordered from Ford. Rarely seen on a cargo van like mine. See my avatar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grampswrx has the OEM "easy clean" alloy wheels -- the same that I upgraded to earlier this year. Nice wheels. Mostly seen as upgrade accessories on wagons custom-ordered from Ford. Rarely seen on a cargo van like mine. See my avatar.
Oh, I see. So stock 16" diameter then?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Oh, I see. So stock 16" diameter then?
Yes. I had cross-edited. Standard size wheels.

Edit: you might also see an older version of OEM alloy wheel, similar, but not "easy clean" -- they had small spokes or dividers out where the vent holes are.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
[QUOTE="73shark, post: 1032013, member: 28113"]The original style wasn't rated for the 350. Is the new version?[/QUOTE]

Both styles are rated for the LWB 350, which both of mine are. The 350HD uses different wheels and tires when the GVWR is 9950 lbs or more(195/75).
having both, I prefer the look of the original style but the the lower maintenance of the new ones.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts