1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its interesting that there is no mention of NOT using a load-sharing hitch with any of the Transits. So, is Ford leaving this critical info out, or was the anti-load-sharing-hitch info posted on this forum just fear mongering?

My T350 + trailer + load-sharing hitch has not caused the sky to fall. :)

Catfish ...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Interesting that for passenger vans you can get to same maximum GCWR with all three engines provided right axle ratio is chosen. So lighter standard engine tows more.

For cargo vans EcoBoost buys about 500 pounds extra trailer weight on most configurations except for extended T350.

Diesel engine in cargo van adds 1,100 ~ 1,300 pounds to trailer weight, everything else being equal. For me that’s not enough to consider a diesel.

Thanks, appreciate information. Personally glad to see standard 3.5L can tow nearly as much as EB provided 4.10 axle is selected. It’s the frontal area limitation that would likely make it difficult to find a rental RV camping trailer to pull occasionally.

EcoBoost should do well on Cutaways where it makes greatest difference. Should be popular with RV manufacturers.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Its interesting that there is no mention of NOT using a load-sharing hitch with any of the Transits. So, is Ford leaving this critical info out, or was the anti-load-sharing-hitch info posted on this forum just fear mongering?
My T350 + trailer + load-sharing hitch has not caused the sky to fall.
:)
Page 39 of the guide CrewVanMan linked mentions it:

·
Registered
8 Posts
So according to the chart the passenger van has a higher towing
rating if I went with a 3.31. Would I be better off with that differential. Wouldn't I get slightly better gas mpgs? Will it matter with the ten speed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts