Ford Transit USA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Checked the Ford order system today and they are scanning ALL 90 of the Transit orders we have in the system with 'Unscheduled - Clean' status. Hoping they pull the 32 allocations for this week that would get about 1/3 of our orders into scheduling and we would know what the new build dates would be. Our orders start out with 6/21 build dates with the latest one so far at 7/17. Hopefully the new build dates will fall within these dates or at least start around the middle of July.
Thanks so much for keeping us informed, you seem to be the most reliable source I have found! :)

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
We only have access to the ordering dealer information so you would have to go to your ordering dealer for that information. We don't have any ALL number orders...ours uses the customer's initials with a number in the middle of a 4 digit order code.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We only have access to the ordering dealer information so you would have to go to your ordering dealer for that information. We don't have any ALL number orders...ours uses the customer's initials with a number in the middle of a 4 digit order code.
yes, I was informed yesterday my build date is now 7/2 - but your info is very helpful to those of us waiting on the general line movement :)

·
Registered
21 AWD 130WB Mid Roof 150
22 Posts
Slight change to my 'Order Tracking' page on Ford's website for the first time since my delivery changed from Mid July to N/A. My order details still list my delivery date as N/A but the little timeline at the top of the page has reverted from an N/A on delivery to being blank. The timeline just shows order is confirmed. My dealer says it's still scheduled for an early July build and I understand that delivery is going to be an unpredictable **** show once all these trucks and vans are ready to go. Just figured I'd see if anyone else is noticing changes to their order tracking page?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a quick update from the dealer we're using in Colorado who says Ford has asked them to provide more information on the backlog of custom Transit orders in order to prioritize the order of manufacturing. He's guessing Ford is trying to prioritize orders from actual customers vs dealers who may have just ordered a ton of vans without an actual buyer already in place. I had to fill out a form and provide my drivers license to prove I'm a "real" buyer but so far still no VIN or build date from our January order.

In any case, it's nice to see that something is happening after months of zero info from Ford regarding our order. If I get any other news I'll share it here with the rest of ya'll.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a quick update from the dealer we're using in Colorado who says Ford has asked them to provide more information on the backlog of custom Transit orders in order to prioritize the order of manufacturing. He's guessing Ford is trying to prioritize orders from actual customers vs dealers who may have just ordered a ton of vans without an actual buyer already in place. I had to fill out a form and provide my drivers license to prove I'm a "real" buyer but so far still no VIN or build date from our January order.
Same thing just happened to me with my dealer in Nevada for the order I placed in April. I had to sign a 1-page purchase order (listing the Ford system order #, my contact information, all the $$$ details, etc.) and provide a copy of my driver's license. My sales guy said Ford is moving to some new priority system, and by sending in all this documentation, it would help speed up the build/delivery process for me.

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
223 Posts
hm. These identity verification things.. is it just for people with no VIN? I haven't been contacted by my dealer about that, but I've had a VIN since March.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just reached out to my sales manager on that topic. We have a VIN and they have a deposit. No request from the dealer for anything else so far. Do beware the excuse for sales overreach, like premature forcing of an agreed out-the-door price and so forth. But I understand why they shouldn't be committing Ford to build Transits for stock or on spec under the circumstances. We may have to demonstrate that our orders are firm, but I wouldn't go much beyond that.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·

In any case, it's nice to see that something is happening after months of zero info from Ford regarding our order. If I get any other news I'll share it here with the rest of ya'll.
I think your dealer may be a little behind as we have been doing the customer order form going to Ford as far back as March 2021. If you already have a VIN, your order is locked in for production based on the last build dates from May update.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very odd that two dealers (at least) had this request at the same time. My dealer obtained a signed order (and deposit) from me in April already. The signed PO request + driver's license is something additional, so it's still not clear to me exactly what it means. If CrewVanMan isn't doing anything new and doesn't know of any process changes from Ford, then I'm not really sure what's so special about my dealer (and some others). Anyway, fingers crossed it's no big deal and everything works out OK and I get my van within the next 1, 2, or 5 months...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still unscheduled here. Got an update from my dealer today. The info he is getting is that Ford will be scheduling over the next 2 weeks for builds the 3rd and 4th weeks of July. I was hoping some of us without dates might get slotted into weeks already scheduled, we shall see what actually happens.
They are not requesting any more info at this time. Signed order at time of order with copy of license at that time (early Feb), no deposit.

*Disclaimer so I don't get scolded again for providing 'false' information: this is based on experience at one dealership and the info Ford is providing them

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
223 Posts
According to postings over here: Production Week Scheduling Information they set the scheduling plan a week at a time. The plan for this week does not have Transit scheduling on it. The guy usually updates that thread on the weekend, so maybe we will see that Transits will be scheduled next week. But maybe your dealer has contact with someone higher up in the scheduling dept.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think your dealer may be a little behind as we have been doing the customer order form going to Ford as far back as March 2021. If you already have a VIN, your order is locked in for production based on the last build dates from May update.
Hmmm. Perhaps it's because I don't have a VIN yet. When I initially ordered I didn't even need a deposit as I came referred through Wayfarer outfitters and they have pre-negotiated prices etc. My initial "order form" was just me initialing a page with all the options I wanted and sending it to the dealer. That's probably why this time they wanted an actual purchase agreement and copy of my drivers license to prove to Ford I was a real buyer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My custom 2021 Transit Commercial Passenger Van XLT order was placed with a deposit and confirmed November 16, 2020. We were also given the VIN #. There was never a production or build date, but delivery estimate was Feb, then Mar, moving to last one: July 24, now N/A. We have had no request from our dealer in south Texas for any more data from us.

·
Registered
54 Posts
CrewVanMan has weighed in on this on another thread:

Seems some dealers were placing stock orders under fake names in an effort to get vans (sees pretty weird but 🤷‍♂️) so they are verifying that new orders are for real people.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Order Tracker Status changed from "Order Confirmed" to "In Production" today. Stoked. The link to the window sticker is live but the window sticker isn't there yet. Just says to check back later. Very pleased to see some progress on the tracker and hoping it will result in a van soon!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Order Tracker Status changed from "Order Confirmed" to "In Production" today. Stoked. The link to the window sticker is live but the window sticker isn't there yet. Just says to check back later. Very pleased to see some progress on the tracker and hoping it will result in a van soon!
Nice!!! Production line is about to get busy! I just got a window sticker today but don't have a 'In Production' check mark on the order tracking website. I'd expect that to change in a few days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What was / is your build date?
The last time my dealer updated me, the build date on mine was 6/23... not sure if that's the 'build week' or the 'build date'. My delivery date is still listed as N/A though my dealer told me to plan for mid-late July. Now I'm wondering if they'd let me fly out and pick it up rather than wait for delivery...

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 · (Edited)
Ford pulled 20 of our 32 scheduled for production orders last night with build dates from WEEK of August 2nd and WEEK of August 9th. They may pull the other 12 later this week as in some cases, Ford has pulled orders early in the week and followed up with the normal pull of orders on Thursday night. ALL of them were retail customer orders so they are following through with making customer orders a priority. The input dates on these orders have varied from February 8th up through the last day orders input on June 1st. So if you have a earlier order does not mean your order would get pulled for production now if the option requirement for your order is not available yet. I still have some December orders still in the Ford system with 'Unscheduled - Clean' designations.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts