Ford Transit USA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it unreasonable to worry about quality issues once they do resume production? For those that are laid off, they may find other jobs and Ford will have to hire rookies and train them. For the folks that do return - there's always some proverbial rust to knock off after a long time away from work. I would hope it wouldn't affect build quality but it's something I'm now wondering about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it unreasonable to worry about quality issues once they do resume production? For those that are laid off, they may find other jobs and Ford will have to hire rookies and train them. For the folks that do return - there's always some proverbial rust to knock off after a long time away from work. I would hope it wouldn't affect build quality but it's something I'm now wondering about.
No way,paid time off for layoff workers is something they don't mind

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know very little about the UAW contract with Ford but thought there was at least partial compensation even during these layoffs. If that's right I'd expect pretty limited turnover.

I'd be more concerned about vehicles built during the height of the pandemic; I sure found it hard to concentrate on my job during that stretch. Hopefully everyone is coming back to work refreshed, vaccinated, and ready to build vans.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
Ford is still scanning 2021 orders today but when I went to look at the Vehicle Visibility report, most of our orders were changed yesterday and moved back another week. A few changed for one to three days but it looks like Ford may be using the current scanning to revamp the current scheduling. Waiting to see if Ford pulls any of the scanned orders tomorrow and what dates fall into the current scheduled orders.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ford is still scanning 2021 orders today but when I went to look at the Vehicle Visibility report, most of our orders were changed yesterday and moved back another week. A few changed for one to three days but it looks like Ford may be using the current scanning to revamp the current scheduling. Waiting to see if Ford pulls any of the scanned orders tomorrow and what dates fall into the current scheduled orders.
I guess the optimistic take is that these fairly small changes in build date might reflect Ford actually planning builds? When my order got pushed back previously (twice at least) it was usually by 4-5 weeks at a time, which I figured meant "we don't have the parts and don't know when we will." If things are being moved around by days, maybe there's actually a plan afoot to build some vans...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I guess the optimistic take is that these fairly small changes in build date might reflect Ford actually planning builds? When my order got pushed back previously (twice at least) it was usually by 4-5 weeks at a time, which I figured meant "we don't have the parts and don't know when we will." If things are being moved around by days, maybe there's actually a plan afoot to build some vans...
The news is saying Chevy is finally reopening some plants also. Don't want to get my hopes up to much for my mid January order, but I would love to see my E2C AWD by July. We will see I guess :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anybody get an update on their order today? I'm still showing the dreaded N/A on my vehicle tracker page. Hoping we hear something soon since they appear to be going back to work this week.

·
Registered
21 AWD 130WB Mid Roof 150
22 Posts
Anybody get an update on their order today? I'm still showing the dreaded N/A on my vehicle tracker page. Hoping we hear something soon since they appear to be going back to work this week.
Still N/A here.

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
223 Posts
I wouldn't expect any updates to the delivery dates until much closer to them. Transportation logistics are going to be a nightmare with all those F-150s sitting around almost done competing for space on trains and trucks. Your dealer might see updates to your build date/week though if you ask.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wouldn't expect any updates to the delivery dates until much closer to them. Transportation logistics are going to be a nightmare with all those F-150s sitting around almost done competing for space on trains and trucks. Your dealer might see updates to your build date/week though if you ask.
I think they're only building transits right now for whatever that's worth. Hopefully that improves things for us at least

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
223 Posts
I think they're only building transits right now for whatever that's worth. Hopefully that improves things for us at least
They are only running production lines on Transits. There are thousands of F-150s waiting on just a chip or two, which they can just plug in and then they are ready to go straight from where they are being stored. Of course they are in Kentucky, but still a deluge of thousands of vehicles ready to go all at once is going to clog the system a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The news is saying Chevy is finally reopening some plants also. Don't want to get my hopes up to much for my mid January order, but I would love to see my E2C AWD by July. We will see I guess :(
I have a January order also, but no VIN. Have they pulled yours?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Ford will probably go back to posting delivery dates once the Transits are actually built. That is what they were doing before as once the Transit was in the 'Released' status then a posted 6 day interval would show up. If you have a LR model, then the Transit can go on a 2 level rail car that is plentiful for transporting most vehicles. On the MR & HR models, it takes a single height rail car that is scarce so those models are held up to get that rail car that is scheduled to go on the train to your specific area.

The Kansas City Regional Distribution Center houses the Ford and Chrysler incoming vehicles and at the end of the lot it has the Transit outgoing vehicles. The Transits are brought in from the holding lots and lined up for loading based on the available rail cars that bring in the Ford and Chrysler vehicles which have trucks as well. None of those vehicles need the single level rail car so those are not always available and may come from long distances once they deliver Transits to other locations around the USA. I tracked one going to QuadVan in the past and it was taking about 3 weeks after getting to PA to get that one level rail car back to Kansas City.

I have pictures on other forum thread showing the Kansas City Regional Distribution Center and you can see the incoming cars and trucks as well as the outgoing Transits lined up for loading on the various rail cars.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have pictures on other forum thread showing the Kansas City Regional Distribution Center and you can see the incoming cars and trucks as well as the outgoing Transits lined up for loading on the various rail cars.
I can't find that other forum thread. Can you tell from the pictures if any of them are cutaways?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah! My salesman said my E2C 130" MR AWD Cargo w Adventure is scheduled for 7/2. We will see of course, but it made my day anyway to just hear some semi official news. Fingers crossed. I ordered mid Jan BTY.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a January order also, but no VIN. Have they pulled yours?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Yes. Gotta say my salesman/local dealer has been top notch in keeping me informed and doing what he can anyway. Got the Vin# fairly fast, just the build kept slipping. Posted below, but I just got an email saying build date is 7/2- we will see

·
Registered
21' 250 Crew HR AWD, 148 WB, EB, Adv pkg, ordered 3/5/21 VIN 4/6 est build 7/1, est deliv ?
25 Posts
Yeah! My salesman said my E2C 130" MR AWD Cargo w Adventure is scheduled for 7/2. We will see of course, but it made my day anyway to just hear some semi official news. Fingers crossed. I ordered mid Jan BTY.
Our dealer says our crew van goes into production 7/1.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Checked the Ford order system today and they are scanning ALL 90 of the Transit orders we have in the system with 'Unscheduled - Clean' status. Hoping they pull the 32 allocations for this week that would get about 1/3 of our orders into scheduling and we would know what the new build dates would be. Our orders start out with 6/21 build dates with the latest one so far at 7/17. Hopefully the new build dates will fall within these dates or at least start around the middle of July.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Checked the Ford order system today and they are scanning ALL 90 of the Transit orders we have in the system with 'Unscheduled - Clean' status. Hoping they pull the 32 allocations for this week that would get about 1/3 of our orders into scheduling and we would know what the new build dates would be. Our orders start out with 6/21 build dates with the latest one so far at 7/17. Hopefully the new build dates will fall within these dates or at least start around the middle of July.

If I DM'ed you my VIN could you check on my build? My order date was
2/19/2021. My order # is 1429.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts