Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine went to N/A as well. I would love to see Ford spend some cash on a new semi conductor plant instead of huge bonus's for CEO's. The company seems to be ran terribly. I will say it again if the small manufacturing business I worked for pulled this kind of thing we would not be around anymore....

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Anybody interested in my Oxford White 2020 that has about 50 miles on it?

MSRP $55,390
Market price adjustment $44,609
Total adjusted base price $99,999
Dealer installed options:
Driver/Passenger Scopema Swivels - $4,000 ( #vanlife special price - with custom polished 6061 aluminum spacer)
Less $5000 special Transit Forum member rebate (use code: not a trendy grey color)
Document fee $499
Final Price $99,498

NO GAMES - I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT !!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well I’m just getting “System error”. Never looked yesterday to see if there was any change. Previously mine was backed up to July 7.

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
223 Posts
Folks, get a grip. Ford wants to build these vans.
Thanks, captain obvious. Nobody doubts this. We're all just sharing information and commiserating.

Once they have parts they will build as many as they can as fast as they can, as efficiently as they can.
...and it would be nice to have at least a vague idea of when that will be.

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I ordered my van in mid December, the dealer told me the lead time was 12-16 weeks. Which to me meant 5 months

5 months have come and gone, and it feels like I’m no closer to getting my van than I was on Dec 16, when I ordered it. For an eeeery reason, it feels further away. The problem is I could TOTALLY see Ford punting the rest of our “custom” orders for good. Especially when most of our “custom” orders are entered as “stock” orders.

Ford has several very large fleet orders (no surprise) that need to get filled. And I would be surprised if those large companies and cities didn’t have failure to perform clauses in their contracts. In fact, I bet both Ford and the private companies have those written into the contracts.

iiiiiiiiiifffffff......... that

......or some version of that is true. It would be financially irresponsible for Ford to not pump out as many fleet vehicles as they can (both gas....and especially electric). Giving the boot to a couple dozen of our orders is not even a blip on their financial radar.

Besides, imagine the press Ford will be getting here shortly when their first electric fleet vans hit the field in some “fill in the blank”major liberal city. The press alone will be worth at least a thousand EV Transits orders from the rest of the liberal cities and any bucks up company that wants to display how “environmentally conscious” they are. (Roll eyes)

the fact that our own personal mole crewvanman hasn’t really weighed in on this latest conundrum, says that either he’s as clueless as we all are, or the news isn’t good. (No knock on you crewvanman)

I’m now just going to be happy to get my van this year

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've asked my sales manager for a new vehicle visibility report and any other news, will pass along whether it's still scheduled for production. It's hard to be optimistic with minimal and mostly negative information. If Ford corporate is listening, would be helpful to know what the plan is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ping'd my dealer today and he says that the owner (of the dealership) thinks my 7/18 estimated delivery will end up being sometime in the fall now.
In other words, they have no idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I gave up on my 12/2 order about 2 months ago and got lucky and found something similar to my order and bought it. Just checked the Ford sight and my delivery date is now 1/1/2000. Not sure what I have been doing with it the last 20 years. 😉

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually that 2000 date is a little bit encouraging, possibly verifying that there IS a glitch in their system. I've been watching this thread closer than I really want to.

Reactions: maia

·
Registered
Waiting on W2X T350 148" High Roof, AWD, Ecb, Adv Pkg, 2alt., ordered 11/13/20, 01 priority, 2/3 vin
95 Posts
I'm retired and presently identify with the whining children. Maybe my perspective will change with a few years of van ownership. But for now, some of the responses I find curious on an internet forum range in category from no whining allowed to, let me tell you a story about my van and the quizzical advice to cancel your '21 order and get in line for '22. I can wait, thanks, it's only been six months.

·
Registered
Build date 5/10/2021: 148", medium roof, Adventure Prep, Avalanche Grey..
152 Posts
I'm thinking about having my dealer put me in for an electric F-150 with that 300 mile range and let him sell my super tricked out van (when it arrives in the fall) to someone else. It would take more creativity to get a camper out of a truck but I'm liking everything else. I've become addicted to pining for vehicles that never arrive. If I make the switch I can stretch this sweet anticipation well into 2023!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just spoke with my dealer, and they are seeing "TBD" as delivery date on all their orders, not just Transits. Their new car lot is pretty empty and they are not having much fun. However, our R2X does still have a build day. It slid from July 2 a week ago to July 9 today but that's better than "N/A" or "TBD". So, maybe it will still happen.

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
223 Posts
My dealer claims my build is still scheduled for 7/5 from what they see in the system. Who knows.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
When I ordered my van in mid December, the dealer told me the lead time was 12-16 weeks. Which to me meant 5 months

5 months have come and gone, and it feels like I’m no closer to getting my van than I was on Dec 16, when I ordered it. For an eeeery reason, it feels further away. The problem is I could TOTALLY see Ford punting the rest of our “custom” orders for good. Especially when most of our “custom” orders are entered as “stock” orders.

Ford has several very large fleet orders (no surprise) that need to get filled. And I would be surprised if those large companies and cities didn’t have failure to perform clauses in their contracts. In fact, I bet both Ford and the private companies have those written into the contracts.

iiiiiiiiiifffffff......... that

......or some version of that is true. It would be financially irresponsible for Ford to not pump out as many fleet vehicles as they can (both gas....and especially electric). Giving the boot to a couple dozen of our orders is not even a blip on their financial radar.

Besides, imagine the press Ford will be getting here shortly when their first electric fleet vans hit the field in some “fill in the blank”major liberal city. The press alone will be worth at least a thousand EV Transits orders from the rest of the liberal cities and any bucks up company that wants to display how “environmentally conscious” they are. (Roll eyes)

the fact that our own personal mole crewvanman hasn’t really weighed in on this latest conundrum, says that either he’s as clueless as we all are, or the news isn’t good. (No knock on you crewvanman)

I’m now just going to be happy to get my van this year
The system that you are looking at for the projected build dates is not a reliable source of information. It is not tied to the Vehicle Visibility report we get through the dealership that tells us about ALL of our vehicles and what point they are in production. At this point, Ford will be waiting out what 2021 orders are in the system at the June 1st cutoff and then a plan will be made to build out ALL of the customer orders as a priority with any stock ordered units built based on what production capacity is available. The 2021 model buildout may be like the 2020 models that were built out through December 18, 2020 and then like what happened on the initial 2021 model, you may not see a 2022 model until January 2022 or later.

As I have stated before, if the climate for Amazon or other companies decide to place a large order for the 'E' Transit, you may see Ford switch over to build those models and not build any gas models for a certain timeframe. That will make the market for the gas models become higher than they are now. Another thing to look at is the price increase on the 2022 model as up to this point, Ford has not increased the 2021 models up to the point of covering their cost for the virus problems or the non-production time that has happened so far. I am predicting that Ford will want to cover these costs with a higher pricing on the 2022 model since the market for the ones already built will be at a higher level anyway.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Instead of increasing their pricing on 22 models, I would suggest they stop wasting money on advertising. Why they are wasting money advertising a vehicle that you can't buy seems counter-productive. Transits are non existent on dealer lots in the NY area and most dealers are not taking orders.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I don't see any Transit ads anyway. It is mostly the more popular models like the F-150 and ALL of the SUV models. Even if you see one at a Auto Show event, they are still placing a cargo van as one of the display vehicles. I have told them to at least place a MR passenger van in the shows to show everyone that Ford does make a passenger version of the Transit. Some dealers do not even order one for a stock unit for selling on the dealer lot.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I do think Ford is missing a bet on the passenger market. Lots of big families in Southern California and in other ethnographic and religious areas. But when you are making as many as you can and are still backlogged....... The next step to another or larger production line is a major investment even for a company as large as Ford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 126 Posts