Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just went into the Ford Ordering System and they are scanning the system for pulling Transit orders. Nothing so far has been selected but will see what happens after tonight. NSP....NOT SELECTED for Preview. This is the indication that Ford is looking at the orders within the system for scheduling. It is scanning 79 of the orders we have within the system and 17 currently have updated build dates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered our Ford Van at Morgan Hill ford almost one and half months ago and have not even received the VIN no. Quite frustrating. What should I expect? We have wedding coming in family end of July and want to make sure that we get the van before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We ordered our Ford Van at Morgan Hill ford almost one and half months ago and have not even received the VIN no. Quite frustrating. What should I expect? We have wedding coming in family end of July and want to make sure that we get the van before.
Bummer... we ordered our van back in January of this year, still no vin. Hope that gives you an idea of the situation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It might depend on what body style you ordered and how close you are to Kansas City, but I think July delivery is unlikely based on what everyone else has seen. For comparison, I ordered a Cargo W3U body type in December, had a VIN assigned in February, and have an Estimated Delivery Date of 7/30/21 in the Ford Tracker.

·
Registered
Build date 5/10/2021: 148", medium roof, Adventure Prep, Avalanche Grey..
152 Posts
Just went into the Ford Ordering System and they are scanning the system for pulling Transit orders.
If an order is "pulled" does that mean it will be scheduled for immediate build, or.put in a queue to.be scheduled? How does this affect people who don't have specific build dates but have a "your van will be delivered in 48 days" statement in order tracking?

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Really curious to see what build dates show up for the next group of Transit pulled for production. Hoping they show up in the late June to early July dates that would get them to us before the Summer months end.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If an order is "pulled" does that mean it will be scheduled for immediate build, or.put in a queue to.be scheduled? How does this affect people who don't have specific build dates but have a "your van will be delivered in 48 days" statement in order tracking?
The current scheduled build dates start in the middle of June and follow through the middle of July. Will see where the next ones pick up as far as the date range. Transits are normally paired together with the same body styles so how many of each one is in the system may determine when they get built. Looking for the orders from 2020 and up through March 2021 to be the first ones picked up for scheduling. Waiting for Friday to get here to see what Ford does with Transit orders.

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
224 Posts
Any Advice?
Oh man I'm so sorry about this. :( Yeah, you'll need to rent a van or find one already built sitting on a lot. I ordered 2/4 and got a VIN on 3/18 and have estimated delivery for 7/25.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,282 Posts
We ordered our Ford Van at Morgan Hill ford almost one and half months ago and have not even received the VIN no.
As you have seen from reading the other replies, it is taking a while to get a van built.

Bummer... we ordered our van back in January of this year, still no vin. Hope that gives you an idea of the situation.
The part I would be most concerned about in both of your situations is that a VIN has not yet been assigned. This might indicate that the dealer you ordered from did not have enough allocation to place your order yet.

·
Registered
2021 Ford Transit AWD High Roof EcoBoost
42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Vin and Order #. But date just got pushed back last week from late June to July 28th. Ordered it in Bend, Oregon. Really hoping that July date holds up!

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ford scanned orders through Friday afternoon but did not pull any Transits for scheduling. Moved the allocation for this week to next week so it looks like Ford is trying to see what orders are in the system for lining up having enough parts to have a continuous production line once they start back to building Transits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our R2X ordered 2/22 has been scheduled to day four times. That date has slipped from 5/21 to 5/28 to 6/1 and now 7/2. I don't see this as bad news - yet - since we're still scheduled. But it's also hard to see much good news while production keeps getting kicked down the road. Crystal ball or spies would be good. Are there really parts in the pipeline or is it still speculation?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Announcement on CNBC at 11:45AM PDT. FORD will be keeping plants closed through June due to ongoing worldwide semiconductor shortage.
No further details.
Don’t know if this applies to Transit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts

The impacted plants are as follows:

• Chicago Assembly Plant in illinois will be down the week of May 31 and will operate on a reduced schedule the week of June 7.
  • Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan will be down the weeks of May 31 and June 7.
  • Dearborn Truck Plant in Michigan and Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri– truck line – will be down the weeks of May 31 and June 7 and will operate on a reduced schedule the week of June 14.
They went out of their way to mention only the truck line but I somehow still doubt that any transits are getting built, especially the loaded ones a lot of us have ordered.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts