Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Change tire size from LT235-65-R16 to LT245-70-R16. Just changed mine and there is a major improvement in ride and driving.
orton,

Any rubbing or other problems with the different size?

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Another vote for opening rear wing windows.
JFI to clarify the original post that got misinterpreted, it was;

Power rear windows like Excursions, wind wings,
they were 2 different items out of the 4 made. One for the rear of the Transit, the other for the front.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
104 Posts
How about interior lights that turn on and off when selected? I find it a major safety hazard when you park in a dark ally and all your interior lights turn on. The bums in the alley can see what you are doing like you are on TV. And you can't see through the windows to see what awaits you when you open your door to get out.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
orton,

Any rubbing or other problems with the different size?

Semper Fi
No. Will make complete report in next few days. Only issue is spare tire well where tire may or may not fit. I have 1/8" clearance between diff. and tire tread with a used (only 8,000 miles) tire inflated to 60 psi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I guess to clarify, I'd like opening windows for the second row seats in the Crew Van.

Any kind of opening.

But a friend of mine has an early MY (2015?) of the Cargo Van, and his opening windows have been a frequent problem, so maybe I should be careful what I ask for.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ford only offers the 10 way power seat or the 4 way manual swivel seat on the 2020 model and NO swivel seats on the CrewVan. For the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition, we hope to have the 10 way power seat with the swivel or at least the swivel seat option if we can get the standard parking brake replaced with the Push Down Manual Parking Brake as of NOW, Ford has taken the PDMPB from the option list for the CrewVan.

I have ordered the complete PDMPB unit from the 2019 Transit and will be looking at installing it on our demo 2020 T-250 MR 148" WB RWD CrewVan. If it works as we expect it to with a minor modification to the lower trim panel, we will have it on our CrewVan Edition.
CVM, are you saying Matt Ford is going to install swivels? I’d like to order the electric seats on a cargo but want them to swivel. If I can’t do that I’ll order the 4-way swivels.
I might order the electric seats if you guys would install the swivel mechanism.
Need details about height. My wife is super short. Just sub 5 feet.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
At this point, we have to be sure we can get the Push Down Manual Parking Brake adapted to the CrewVan to make the swivels possible. We will not be doing it on the cargo van at this point unless we decide to offer the leather seating on it. The PDMPB is available on the cargo van so unless we make a seating change on the vehicle, we are not planning to add the swivel to other models.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I guess to clarify, I'd like opening windows for the second row seats in the Crew Van.

Any kind of opening.

But a friend of mine has an early MY (2015?) of the Cargo Van, and his opening windows have been a frequent problem, so maybe I should be careful what I ask for.
kosmo,

I have those also, a window that opens straight out from inside of a larger window, wasn't a good idea.
Now if they put power windows that open like mini-vans have, in middle and back areas that would be great. Expedition has them for the rear most windows. So it seems it could be carried over from that platform, hopefully.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
12 Posts
From my attending the 2019 SEMA Show, I made an NEW contact with the Ford Transit Marketing Manager, Cary Shapiro. Once I got the information on Ford deleting the 90G Push Down Manual Parking Brake from the CrewVan, I let him know the displeasure on this happening when a lot of Transit buyers need this option to make use of the swivel seats. He said they would look more into it and I even suggested that they might want to consider a electronic parking brake switch on the dash that would open up the area between the seats to movement to the rear of the van.

He is very open to suggestions from me about how they can make the Transit better for the buyers so I will be filling up his email with plenty of things to do for the Transit, whether it can be done for the 2020 model or get it as part of the 2021 model or even as a accessory that can be added to the current Transit models.
I’m pretty sure this is the presenter at the Hershey RV show this fall who said Ford is now aggressively competing with MB for RV sales.

·
Registered
46 Posts
At this point, we have to be sure we can get the Push Down Manual Parking Brake adapted to the CrewVan to make the swivels possible. We will not be doing it on the cargo van at this point unless we decide to offer the leather seating on it. The PDMPB is available on the cargo van so unless we make a seating change on the vehicle, we are not planning to add the swivel to other models.
For my purposes, the cargo van is what I am interested in. There's only two of us and no plan to carry more than that.

Also, I am still unclear if the swivels are installed on a shorter base to keep the overall seat height the same as it is without the swivels. Wife is shorter and she has to be able to get her feet on the floor. That's the only way I can get her to share the driving.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts