Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my attending the 2019 SEMA Show, I made an NEW contact with the Ford Transit Marketing Manager, Cary Shapiro. Once I got the information on Ford deleting the 90G Push Down Manual Parking Brake from the CrewVan, I let him know the displeasure on this happening when a lot of Transit buyers need this option to make use of the swivel seats. He said they would look more into it and I even suggested that they might want to consider a electronic parking brake switch on the dash that would open up the area between the seats to movement to the rear of the van.

He is very open to suggestions from me about how they can make the Transit better for the buyers so I will be filling up his email with plenty of things to do for the Transit, whether it can be done for the 2020 model or get it as part of the 2021 model or even as a accessory that can be added to the current Transit models.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
CVM,

Having a EPB as an option or standard, or as an option would be a great addition. Also a 360 camera view.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You can buy a $16,000 Hyundai that comes with an electric parking brake as standard. It also has one touch up and down for both front windows and cruise control. But Ford can't do this on a $35,000 vehicle.

If Iveco, Hyundai or Toyota ever start bringing their commercial vans to the US market the Sprinter, Transit and Promaster markets will disappear.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am working on a list of items to give them for making changes or adding options to the Transit. The Long Arm/Power/Folding mirrors were on my list last year for them to have just like the Ford Super Duty. I believe it is in the works and might come into production in April 2020 when Ford can introduce new options in mid-year changes.

Use this thread to list your thoughts on more options or changes and I will add these to my list and present them in a few weeks. It might get them working hard to have them available in April 2020. Let's hope so!

·
Registered
638 Posts
2000 watt sine wave inverter option - which would include the dual batteries, dual alternators and maybe a couple other power items.
I think that would be very popular considering how many people install inverters.
It would also fit with Ford’s push to electrify.
Likely be profitable too since it includes several options.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ecoboost in the passenger vans. Short roof, RWB in particular. I will buy one.

Captains chairs in the second row of the Crew Van, as well as opening second row windows (because I might have to buy one to get the Eco Beast engine).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
CVM,

Power rear windows like Excursions, wind wings. Rear wipers. Auxiliary power loom at "C" pillar controlled by dash or overhead cubby switches.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
570 Posts
Modified front wheelwell pinchweld to allow for larger diameter tires without owner modification. In fact, make 245/75r16E an available stock tire size.
Revised plastic windshield wiper trough: fix the “air filter nightmare” upstream (pun intended) of the air filter.
8-way manual driver’s seat adjustment (or maybe it’s 10 way...whatever, add lumbar & seat bottom cushion tilt).
Some version of the “gen 2” ecoboost...or whatever they call the one that goes in current F150’s with dual timing chains and port+direct injection. It doesn’t really need more power, but it does need a couple EcoBoost “Achilles heal” issues resolved.

I guess some of this is more “engineering” than “marketing.”

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
CVM,

Power rear windows like Excursions, wind wings. Rear wipers. Auxiliary power loom at "C" pillar controlled by dash or overhead cubby switches.

Semper Fi
A big plus one on all three of those. I've driven hatchbacks most of my life, and would have paid extra for rear wipers to see behind me on a bad winter day.

Rear opening window wings would make airflow so much better, and provide for a way to have the windows down at speed and not have to deal with all the turbulence of the air coming in through the window and having to back out those same windows.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Haven't they dropped the folding mirrors completely for 2020? It's not on short or long arm mirrors.
Power folding is included with BLIS. That’s the only way I see.
CVM, better headlights on the cargo. Do deliveries get made in the winter after 5PM? Yes they do Ford. Way out in the boonies where no street lights shine.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Power folding is included with BLIS. That’s the only way I see.
CVM, better headlights on the cargo. Do deliveries get made in the winter after 5PM? Yes they do Ford. Way out in the boonies where no street lights shine.
I just checked the latest order guide and they do show that they are standard on the Passenger XLT trim, but that's it. You actually have to buy the whole BLIS option just to get them on a cargo or crew. I would think that passenger van buyers would want BLIS, but cargo buyers won't want to pay for all those features in BLIS unless it's a reasonably low price.. (HAHAHAHAHA... yeah right..)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ford only offers the 10 way power seat or the 4 way manual swivel seat on the 2020 model and NO swivel seats on the CrewVan. For the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition, we hope to have the 10 way power seat with the swivel or at least the swivel seat option if we can get the standard parking brake replaced with the Push Down Manual Parking Brake as of NOW, Ford has taken the PDMPB from the option list for the CrewVan.

I have ordered the complete PDMPB unit from the 2019 Transit and will be looking at installing it on our demo 2020 T-250 MR 148" WB RWD CrewVan. If it works as we expect it to with a minor modification to the lower trim panel, we will have it on our CrewVan Edition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A big plus one on all three of those. I've driven hatchbacks most of my life, and would have paid extra for rear wipers to see behind me on a bad winter day.

Rear opening window wings would make airflow so much better, and provide for a way to have the windows down at speed and not have to deal with all the turbulence of the air coming in through the window and having to back out those same windows.
I second rear opening wind wings. Ages ago, we had a van (collaboration between Nissan & Ford) that had those windows, and it was a great way to get cool air thru the van without running a/c. CVM, on another thread you've mentioned getting a narrower 2nd row seat for the crew van, I'm all in for that too. Thanks for asking. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts