Ford Transit USA Forum banner
101 - 120 of 367 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
COVP was in place before the order books opened for '22s, despite the focus on allocation here at the time.
Good to know. But probably as almost all allocation was sold to retail so no real difference.

· Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
Yes, Ford has shafted the dealers, the sales people and the retail customer. Ford changed from allocation to COVP after many 2022 orders were placed based on allocation. Sadly Ford and CEO James Farley have no respect for Ford's customers. Ford executives put on a great clown show. Orders should be filled more in line with when the order was submitted.
And what if there are no parts? Be real - we are in a pandemic. Life is not normal

· Registered
148 Posts
And what if there are no parts? Be real - we are in a pandemic. Life is not normal
"lack of parts" does not explain why feature loaded 2023 vans are already being scheduled and vin#'s assigned while 2022 vans are cancelled. "Lack of parts" does not explain why FMC can't bother to email 2022 customers with updates, lack of parts does not explain why FMC can't tell us if priority or price protection is coming or not. Lack of parts does not explain why 2022 Ford Maverick order customers received emails explaining reason for cancellations, the path forward to order 23 trucks and that private offers would be coming while leaving Transit orders in the dark.

p.s. sorry, I'm a bit cranky with FORD.

· Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
"lack of parts" does not explain why feature loaded 2023 vans are already being scheduled and vin#'s assigned while 2022 vans are cancelled. "Lack of parts" does not explain why FMC can't bother to email 2022 customers with updates, lack of parts does not explain why FMC can't tell us if priority or price protection is coming or not. Lack of parts does not explain why 2022 Ford Maverick order customers received emails explaining reason for cancellations, the path forward to order 23 trucks and that private offers would be coming while leaving Transit orders in the dark.

List the VIN #s of those ‘23 “feature loaded” customer vans. Did all Maverick customers receive the email? List those that didn’t.

· Registered
7,372 Posts
I'm going to add that I spoke to a friend who ordered a '22 Transit cargo and was balanced out, his dealer offered him price protection on the '23 and told him that they didn't need Ford's approval and were willing to offer that regardless of any official private offer. He's got his '23 build dates already and was price protected. I called the dealer and spoke to them myself this morning and all of this was confirmed.

The dealer told me "we don't want our customers hating us when they sign for one price and then are being forced into a price they didn't agree to, just to get the vehicle they ordered originally".

Makes sense to me.

So every dealer who is acting like they need some kind of official word from Ford is suspect to me right now. Ford is telling us to talk to the dealers. The dealers are saying they don't know anything. What is going on?
I would like an official letter, email, or a name of someone who is an authorized Ford person that can tell us about price protection from a 2022 to a 2023 model. I have the letter that I talked about NO price protection on the Transit Commercial and Fleet vehicles. Waiting for the one which states the situation on the Transit Retail Customer.

· Registered
148 Posts
List the VIN #s of those ‘23 “feature loaded” customer vans. Did all Maverick customers receive the email? List those that didn’t.

· Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
His videos since then have provided more details, at least on the Mavericks.
Yup saw that. But, Mavericks are not transits and this is a “private offer” so $500, $1000 that’s not price protection for the $6000 increase in transit costs.
I saw that too but way too few details to know who really provided the price protection - could be a single order for that dealer and they decided to eat the difference - and no van has been built yet! Why? No parts.

It comes down parts and what vans need what parts to be built. No parts, no vans - simple.

· Registered
205 Posts
And what if there are no parts? Be real - we are in a pandemic. Life is not normal…
Yup saw that. But, Mavericks are not transits and this is a “private offer”….and no van has been built yet! Why? No parts….
It comes down parts and what vans need what parts to be built. No parts, no vans - simple.
WTF 😡 Are you defending Ford? Eeeeww! Ford and various Dealerships have screwed and double screwed members here for over 2 years! FORD SUCKS AND THEY CONTINUE TO SUCK…simple.

· Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
820 Posts
If the people that got cancelled out twice used the same dealer both times, they should think hard about getting another dealer.

This notion circulating that you should reorder your van with the same dealer and use the same order code for a build priority is total BS by Ford. They know who ordered and got canceled. Use the persons name! Not some dealer order code. Let people reward good dealers by switching and getting build priority instead of locking them down with a dealer who didn't produce AND didn't bother to communicate.

The franchise dealer model works great when you only want to be a manufacturer. But when the wheels fall off your manufacturing side your corporate managers need to step up and do the new job created by the problem. That's management's job. Address the current times. Don't wait for the good old days to return.

Now I need to call my cable provider. I want to discuss why they think my role is to be their onsite tech staff when I'm the actual paying customer. I'll stop typing now, but the rant goes on.

· Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·

The special high end Transit parts that were ordered months ago for the 2022 models are arriving later than expected and are now available for the incoming 2023 Transit orders. If Ford extended the 2022 model scheduling out to December as has been done since 2019, those ordered 2022 models would have parts to build them based on a later scheduling date.

Likewise those parts are now going into the 2023 models and in most cases for ones who just ordered a 2023 model and paying a higher price for that vehicle.

· Registered
397 Posts
If Ford extended the 2022 model scheduling out to December as has been done since 2019, those ordered 2022 models would have parts to build them based on a later scheduling date.
I for one completely understand Ford trying to get back to normal with the model year after they were forced to move away form that with the pandemic. Making a 22 into the 23 calendar year is just silly. before you even take delivery its already a year old as far as resale/blue book/financing is concerned. they have to do what they have to do to get back to a normal schedule.

SOOO, you wont hear me whining about that. but they should be offering some kind of priority and price protection. and i know priority is harder since they group like body/builds together. but according to the R2X spread sheet out there--there are an awful lot of like builds that could be prioritized together..........

and Am I in no way shape or form saying ford is an “acceptable company” I can honestly say it has to be one of the worst run companies I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. And I worked in sports apparel manufacturing, bunch of “kids” who think it’s fun to work in sports industry with no idea what the **** they are doing…… still never had operation/supply/logistics problems like I have seen with ford

· Registered
148 Posts
Yup saw that. But, Mavericks are not transits and this is a “private offer” so $500, $1000 that’s not price protection for the $6000 increase in transit costs.

I saw that too but way too few details to know who really provided the price protection - could be a single order for that dealer and they decided to eat the difference - and no van has been built yet! Why? No parts.

yes, I get that lack of parts caused this debacle. My point is that FoMoCo's response to its customers in 2022 has been incompetent at best and **** near unethical at worst. That you are practically alone on this forum in your defending FORD should tell you something.

· Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
yes, I get that lack of parts caused this debacle. My point is that FoMoCo's response to its customers in 2022 has been incompetent at best and **** near unethical at worst. That you are practically alone on this forum in your defending FORD should tell you something.
It tells me I understood what I was getting into when ordering a van during a pandemic. Same thing for MY23 - good chance it will not be built.

· Registered
47 Posts
It tells me I understood what I was getting into when ordering a van during a pandemic. Same thing for MY23 - good chance it will not be built.
D
so lying to customers is cool with you? 😕
He's obviously a troll. You can't reason with trolls. They exist to argue and whine and stir things up online because they have no purpose in life. I hope to god when I'm an old man, I'm not spending my free time arguing with people online, defending a corporation against people who are calmly and clearly stating their dissatisfaction with the process and customer service. If I am, you'll all know that everything I've strived for has fallen short and that I'm a total failure of a human being.

Don't feed the trolls. Just ignore them and they'll go elsewhere. Works every time. Don't like or dislike their posts. Don't comment. Just ignore them.

101 - 120 of 367 Posts