Ford Transit USA Forum banner
281 - 300 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So excited!!! Just finally got my first update email on my order after 330+ days…oh way. It’s a non-update update with Jim Farley basically saying “sorry not sorry”.

(‘22 order now re-submitted for ‘23)

Font Screenshot Document Number Circle

·
Registered
102 Posts
So excited!!! Just finally got my first update email on my order after 330+ days…oh way. It’s a non-update update with Jim Farley basically saying “sorry not sorry”.

(‘22 order now re-submitted for ‘23)
You only just received that nonsense/doublespeak email? On 4 August! Everyone else got it a month ago. It was just as useless in June/July, but still. Ford has the worst systems.

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
733 Posts
You only just received that nonsense/doublespeak email? On 4 August! Everyone else got it a month ago. It was just as useless in June/July, but still. Ford has the worst systems.
Bet his dealer finally put in his email address into the system!

These 45 day emails just get me twisted!

So Ford adopted a new ordering system for customers with a communication component and NO goal to communicate. They left that up to the dealer as an option. But they required a drivers license and address, with no requirement for a valid email contact and no plan for mailing. Every two bit online entity wants you to validate your email, type twice. Not Ford. Mail you at your address? Only advertising, no updates.

Then when they finally decided they needed a timed update, do they look at any data? Does management ask, how often have we been communicating, what method, what percentage of buyers, what do we say? Not Ford. They don't know that some folks have received 20+ updates, some days apart, telling them nothing new.

They failed on developing a communication plan and failed at evaluating what their own data could tell them. These are not supply chain issues. They are management failures at a very basic level.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I sent a tweet to Jim Farley about a month ago suggesting different ways to re-establish good will with the retail Transit orders. So now we must be BFF's as he shows up in my Twitter feed all the time now.
With the price of the metal can with four or six wheels, you would think the margins would be very good for Ford but apparently not. Recent press releases indicate the need to focus on high margin vehicles that did not include the Transit.

·
Registered
2020 Transit 150 // Trying to get a new one but balanced out!
13 Posts
I sent a tweet to Jim Farley about a month ago suggesting different ways to re-establish good will with the retail Transit orders. So now we must be BFF's as he shows up in my Twitter feed all the time now.
With the price of the metal can with four or six wheels, you would think the margins would be very good for Ford but apparently not. Recent press releases indicate the need to focus on high margin vehicles that did not include the Transit.
I always felt the Transit was a good value for the price. Until the recent hikes it seemed very high utility per dollar spent. The 2023 increases just seem to get it more aligned with the pricing of other vehicles. It doesn't surprise me that it is a lower margin vehicle for Ford.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
ABSOLUTELY!! Executive level management needs to be held accountable!! :mad:
So you have been around for at least two months. Are you going to order a Transit, or just hang around and bellyache about something you don't have skin in the game on?

·
Registered
145 Posts
hello this is my first post. I placed an order on September 2021 and still haven't gotten any emails from Ford. I did order a tricked out one so hopefully mine gets built and sold to me soon, and at MSRP as they had promised!
If you orderd a 2022 and have not recieved anything from Ford the odds of getting a van are slim to none. All 2022's without a Vin# were cancelled as of July 11.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you orderd a 2022 and have not recieved anything from Ford the odds of getting a van are slim to none. All 2022's without a Vin# were cancelled as of July 11.
The dealership told me that it would most likely be a 2023 model. I put down a $500 deposit with my order and I'm wondering if it's normal for me to not have received any formal recognition from Ford about my order for almost a year now?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The dealership told me that it would most likely be a 2023 model. I put down a $500 deposit with my order and I'm wondering if it's normal for me to not have received any formal recognition from Ford about my order for almost a year now?
Once it is in the Ford COVP system you should receive an email from Ford accepting the order. The 2022 order does not automatically change to 2023. There are price differences of between $5k-$7K and option changes. Your dealer must resubmit the order for 2023. If you have not received any email from Ford Motor Co. more than likely your dealer is full of B.S.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If you know the "Sales Code" and "Order Code" from your order, you can call Ford's 800-392-FORD number and ask them to check the status of it. If you have neither the Sales Code or Order Code, then you are at the whim of the dealer for what you'll know ... but if they tell you "we haven't heard anything", or the equivalent, assume the worst..., and then get your deposit back and find a dealer who knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Once it is in the Ford COVP system you should receive an email from Ford accepting the order. The 2022 order does not automatically change to 2023. There are price differences of between $5k-$7K and option changes. Your dealer must resubmit the order for 2023. If you have not received any email from Ford Motor Co. more than likely your dealer is full of B.S.
If you know the "Sales Code" and "Order Code" from your order, you can call Ford's 800-392-FORD number and ask them to check the status of it. If you have neither the Sales Code or Order Code, then you are at the whim of the dealer for what you'll know ... but if they tell you "we haven't heard anything", or the equivalent, assume the worst..., and then get your deposit back and find a dealer who knows what they're doing.

Thanks for that! I've emailed my dealer and will see what they say

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am working with another dealer who may be taking X-Plan orders on the Transit. Working on the final details now but they be only taking a certain number of X-Plan orders.
If someone decided to go with a lower version of the electronics instead of the sync 4 with the 12 inch screen, what all would you loose besides the 12 inch screen? Just rode in a friends 2021 with the 8 inch screen. It seems plenty big. I did not notice anything else in particular missing. It had a backup camera and navigation. Just wondering if I really do need all of those fancy electronics.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If someone decided to go with a lower version of the electronics instead of the sync 4 with the 12 inch screen, what all would you loose besides the 12 inch screen? Just rode in a friends 2021 with the 8 inch screen. It seems plenty big. I did not notice anything else in particular missing. It had a backup camera and navigation. Just wondering if I really do need all of those fancy electronics.
Also, had my 115 pound wife try out the manual door. She seemed to be fine with it. Wondering if that might just be one more thing that can break and can easily be done without, not to mention the delay in van build if included.

281 - 300 of 353 Posts