Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Ford finally does 'Balance Out' 2022 Transit orders

30913 366
Well....it has finally happened. Overnight Ford has moved all of our 'Unscheduled - Clean' orders to 'Unscheduled - Balanced Out' status. That will end any 2022 unscheduled Transits to be built. Now we just need to know what is going to happen with price protection (if any at all) and if there is any build priority for 2022 orders that were not scheduled.

I have been telling our customers to request a build out of their 2023 order and make any changes needed. We may hold off submitting those 2023 orders until Ford gives us direction on the other mentioned questions above. Once we know more details on the 2022 to 2023 transition, I will continue to place a forum thread for those changes.
261 - 280 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Power Sliding Door that also has a van attached to it
607 Posts
quick update.
Last week I sent a certified letter to Ford Customer Relationship Center detailing my experience ordering a 2022 that was balanced out and Ford's lack of info / emails / etc
Mind letting us know what that address was?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mind letting us know what that address was?
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

FYI - FORD WEB SITE SHOWS 48126 AS ZIP CODE. USPS TOLD ME 48121 IS THE CORRECT ZIP.

They received my letter on Wednesday and called me back yesterday. The rep even said he contacted my dealer to discuss the order. I sent all the emails from Ford over the last 7 months and included my order form as well.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

They received my letter on Wednesday and called me back yesterday. The rep even said he contacted my dealer to discuss the order. I sent all the emails from Ford over the last 7 months and included my order form as well.
Awesome. Drafting my own letter now.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
quick update.
Last week I sent a certified letter to Ford Customer Relationship Center detailing my experience ordering a 2022 that was balanced out and Ford's lack of info / emails / etc

Surprisingly, I received a call from a Ford Consumer Affairs rep that went over some info. Most of which was old news but he assured me he would look into priority scheduling and the possibility of the private offer to offset some of the 2023 price increase. I'm not holding my breath for any substantial news but at least someone contacted me from Ford and was willing to listen and possibly get more info for a reorder in 2023.
Fingers crossed and I'll update with any news.
Any chance you got his name and the phone number he used to call you from?

·
Registered
205 Posts
quick update.

Surprisingly, I received a call from a Ford Consumer Affairs rep that went over some info. Most of which was old news but he assured me he would look into priority scheduling and the possibility of the private offer to offset some of the 2023 price increase. I'm not holding my breath for any substantial news but at least someone contacted me from Ford and was willing to listen and possibly get more info for a reorder in 2023.
Fingers crossed and I'll update with any news.
I think by you sending it “Certified” made them respond to you the way they did. Everyone should send their correspondence to Ford by “Certified Mail”

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think by you sending it “Certified” made them respond to you the way they did. Everyone should send their correspondence to Ford by “Certified Mail”
I’m just about to wander down to the local post office and send mine.

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
Just all talk. I got the word today Ford will NOT be giving price protection for retail customer orders. They are looking at a possible private offer at this point and I have suggested to them for the last 2 months to do a $6000 rebate certificate that would go to any 2022 COVP customer order and could be used at ANY Ford dealer where you would order a 2023 model.
@CrewVanManInfo are you still suggesting that those of us that ordered a 2022 through you still wait until we hear from Ford regarding the the private offer before submitting a 2023 order?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo are you still suggesting that those of us that ordered a 2022 through you still wait until we hear from Ford regarding the the private offer before submitting a 2023 order?
Starting August 1st I will be telling everyone who wants a 2023 Transit to get their order in the system. We can't keep waiting for Ford to make decisions that should have been made 2 months ago. If you get to a point you can't take the 2023 Transit, we won't keep your $1000 deposit but refund it to you.

We can't control the pricing situation with Ford so we now know they are not doing the price protection and not sure if the private offer will happen. We will still be doing our below MSRP pricing but will no longer be doing the X-Plan on the Transit starting with any new 2023 customer orders. If you had a 2022 Transit order with us and had the X-Plan on that order, we will be honoring that to the 2023 order.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Starting August 1st I will be telling everyone who wants a 2023 Transit to get their order in the system. We can't keep waiting for Ford to make decisions that should have been made 2 months ago. If you get to a point you can't take the 2023 Transit, we won't keep your $1000 deposit but refund it to you.

We can't control the pricing situation with Ford so we now know they are not doing the price protection and not sure if the private offer will happen. We will still be doing our below MSRP pricing but will not longer be doing the X-Plan on the Transit starting with any new 2023 customer orders. If you had a 2022 Transit order with us and had the X-Plan on that order, we will be honoring that to the 2023 order.
@CrewVanManInfo are you going to be sending out more preview orders this week?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No more x-plan on transits... Is this the policy for 2023 or does carry into 2024MY as well?
It is a dealership by dealership decision. There are still plenty of dealers that will accept it (just make sure they'll be able to get the van). When the market cools enough for Transit's/cars in general to fill lots, I'd expect dealers that stop taking it now will resume accepting it.

·
Registered
2022 ordered 2/7/22 - balanced out. 2023 ordered 7/11/22. MR, AWD, EB, Avalanche Grey, Digital RVM
124 Posts
I sent out an email to all of my customers whose 2022 Transit order was 'Balanced Out' so they know where things are at with Ford and how we are proceeding with handling 2023 Transit orders at this point.
Any thoughts on whether to include the Power Sliding Door option in our 2023 orders?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
If you want the Power Sliding Side Door, order it. You may be waiting a long time but we had a similar situation in 2020 when all of the PSD orders went to the last month of production (November) for the 2020 model and then when the 2021 models went to production, they seemed to come out in a normal flow. I am sure that all of the orders Ford placed to the vendor source for the PSD for the 2022 model are now finally arriving at the assembly plant so curious to see how quick we see a 2023 model with the option listed as a scheduled vehicle.

I will be checking every scheduled 2023 Transit to see when the first one comes up being scheduled and when that build date will be. I would think it may be close to January 2023 but may be earlier. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you want the Power Sliding Side Door, order it. You may be waiting a long time but we had a similar situation in 2020 when all of the PSD orders went to the last month of production (November) for the 2020 model and then when the 2021 models went to production, they seemed to come out in a normal flow. I am sure that all of the orders Ford placed to the vendor source for the PSD for the 2022 model are now finally arriving at the assembly plant so curious to see how quick we see a 2023 model with the option listed as a scheduled vehicle.

I will be checking every scheduled 2023 Transit to see when the first one comes up being scheduled and when that build date will be. I would think it may be close to January 2023 but may be earlier. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the insights! Any musings as to whether the virtual rear view mirror or SYNC4 will cause similar delays? I saw in the order guide the PSSD was specifically called out as late availability, but no mention on the rear view or SYNC. I've read elsewhere on here that those are limited availability (along with Ecoboost)...and unfortunately I have all those in my order (balanced-out 22 reordered as a 23).

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB
206 Posts
Any thoughts on whether to include the Power Sliding Door option in our 2023 orders?
I had it on my 22 order before pulling it off when Ford said they were not going to build any PSSD vans. It's now back on my 23 order as I never received a 22 van - I'm willing to wait.

·
Registered
107 Posts
will not longer be doing the X-Plan on the Transit starting with any new 2023 customer orders.
Bummer. I was considering moving my order to you after the bad experience (ie no van) from my local dealer. But this is a lot of $, on top of the increase.

• Angry
Reactions: Van Wilder
261 - 280 of 367 Posts