Ford Transit USA Forum banner
241 - 260 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
What are the dealers names? What is the name of the salesperson for these orders?
I'm not going to provide that publicly. Just as I did not provide the name of my original dealer, who I didn't have a good experience with. I'm not here to shame or lift up any Ford dealer in particular. The dealers didn't balance our your order. Ford did. The dealers didn't decide that there's no plan in place for price protection or order priority. Ford did.

I'll add that these dealers are ALL having trouble getting inventory. If any or all of them are suddenly flooded with another few dozen orders from frustrated Transit customers due to my post, it has the potential to mess up the current order situation for any of those customers I mentioned before since Ford does not build these out with any transparency or in order of deposit and build placed. I can't do that to the people generous enough to share their experiences with me.

I'll keep the thread updated if I hear more stories relevant to this topic or if I get a build date for either of my '23 Transit orders. I will just reiterate what I said in my previous post. If Ford is providing no price protection or priority buildouts for customers who got their '22 Transit orders cancelled, what is the benefit of sticking with the same dealer who did not deliver your Transit to you in the first place?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not going to provide that publicly. Just as I did not provide the name of my original dealer, who I didn't have a good experience with. I'm not here to shame or lift up any Ford dealer in particular.
I don't get you 😠🙁. There are a lot of dealerships out there that have done some real shitty things to folks who have ordered Transits. The good, honest dealerships out there should be recognized and praised, and the dishonest, price gouging dealerships SHOULD BE PUBLICLY SHAMED AND EXPOSED!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I'm not going to provide that publicly. Just as I did not provide the name of my original dealer, who I didn't have a good experience with. I'm not here to shame or lift up any Ford dealer in particular. The dealers didn't balance our your order. Ford did. The dealers didn't decide that there's no plan in place for price protection or order priority. Ford did.

I'll add that these dealers are ALL having trouble getting inventory. If any or all of them are suddenly flooded with another few dozen orders from frustrated Transit customers due to my post, it has the potential to mess up the current order situation for any of those customers I mentioned before since Ford does not build these out with any transparency or in order of deposit and build placed. I can't do that to the people generous enough to share their experiences with me.

I'll keep the thread updated if I hear more stories relevant to this topic or if I get a build date for either of my '23 Transit orders. I will just reiterate what I said in my previous post. If Ford is providing no price protection or priority buildouts for customers who got their '22 Transit orders cancelled, what is the benefit of sticking with the same dealer who did not deliver your Transit to you in the first place?
Just all talk. I got the word today Ford will NOT be giving price protection for retail customer orders. They are looking at a possible private offer at this point and I have suggested to them for the last 2 months to do a $6000 rebate certificate that would go to any 2022 COVP customer order and could be used at ANY Ford dealer where you would order a 2023 model.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just all talk. I got the word today Ford will NOT be giving price protection for retail customer orders. They are looking at a possible private offer at this point and I have suggested to them for the last 2 months to do a $6000 rebate certificate that would go to any 2022 COVP customer order and could be used at ANY Ford dealer where you would order a 2023 model.
Do you know if this private offer would extend to people who have VINs but had to have their Power Sliding Doors removed?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
The private offer would go to orders that went to 'Unscheduled - Balanced Out' status. Best if you want the Power Sliding Side Door to either have a aftermarket one added to your current 2022 model OR sell the 2022 Transit you will be getting and purchase the 2023 model with the factory Power Sliding Side Door at its current pricing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is my new rap name.
Yo,
He’s the Princess up in da Transit group, just a chillin’ with the latest scoop.
Wearin’ his Fluffy Pants, bustin’ his gangster rants…
Getting tired and bored just a waiting on Ford…
With no Transit power sliding door, he might just become a Sprinter Wh*ore!
He’s our Notorious P. Fluffy,
just wanting a van to drive in the Buffy.
WORD 😎

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yo,
He’s the Princess up in da Transit group, just a chillin’ with the latest scoop.
Wearin’ his Fluffy Pants, bustin’ his gangster rants…
Getting tired and bored just a waiting on Ford…
With no Transit power sliding door, he might just become a Sprinter Wh*ore!
He’s our Notorious P. Fluffy,
just wanting a van to drive in the Buffy.
WORD 😎
This just made my morning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the word today Ford will NOT be giving price protection for retail customer orders. They are looking at a possible private offer at this point and I have suggested to them for the last 2 months to do a $6000 rebate certificate that would go to any 2022 COVP customer order and could be used at ANY Ford dealer where you would order a 2023 model.
Thanks for digging into this for us. How does a private offer work as opposed to price protection? Will our dealers let us know or should we keep an eye out here for more details?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You claim your dealer knows everything and they are doing price protection for their customers. Ask them about the private offer and see what they tell you. If they are giving price protection, they don't need the private offer as it would be a lesser amount than the price protection.
Huh? That isn't what I said at all. I'm not getting price protection personally and never said I was. I wish I was, that would be nice. However, my dealer has not given me any information at all and I've complained about that here numerous times.

I do know of 3 different 2022 Transit customers who are getting price protection but I'm not one of them. I explained it all very carefully and clearly in a lengthy post in this thread.

I'm just relaying what I've been told and what I have verified as there are a lot of people here in this forum with cancelled orders who are looking for answers. Myself included.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I do know of 3 different 2022 Transit customers who are getting price protection but I'm not one of them. I explained it very carefully and clearly in a lengthy post in this thread.
"Price Protection" has a very specific meaning, at least for Ford/around here, and means the dealer will be reimbursed by Ford for the price difference between when the vehicle was delivered and when it was ordered, if it increased.

"Private Offers" are directly between Ford and the customer and are rebates for a future purchase -- they don't involve the dealer. After buying a Transit I started getting Private Offers on other Ford vehicles, and for my 2022 order I had $750 that was going towards the Transit purchase. A Ford dealer won't know who has received the Private Offers, but they can verify the code you are given can be applied to a particular vehicle.

I think you/others have received good will from the dealers in their promise to get you the 2023 for the same price as your 2022. I think when they realize the price difference / Ford isn't going to cover them, that good will will disappear. They're a car dealership for chrissakes.

·
Registered
On Order. R2X. 2022 HR, 148 long, Cargo AWD.
32 Posts
"Price Protection" has a very specific meaning, at least for Ford/around here, and means the dealer will be reimbursed by Ford for the price difference between when the vehicle was delivered and when it was ordered, if it increased.

"Private Offers" are directly between Ford and the customer and are rebates for a future purchase -- they don't involve the dealer. After buying a Transit I started getting Private Offers on other Ford vehicles, and for my 2022 order I had $750 that was going towards the Transit purchase. A Ford dealer won't know who has received the Private Offers, but they can verify the code you are given can be applied to a particular vehicle.

I think you/others have received good will from the dealers in their promise to get you the 2023 for the same price as your 2022. I think when they realize the price difference / Ford isn't going to cover them, that good will will disappear. They're a car dealership for chrissakes.

·
Registered
On Order. R2X. 2022 HR, 148 long, Cargo AWD.
32 Posts
A few days ago when I called Ford Marketing they mentioned I had a private offer from Ford but would not tell me any details. I asked my dealer and they said they don't know and Ford makes the information known when a VIN is established. I have a R2X originally ordered in June of 2021. Still at priority 19 with my 2023 order.

In my discussions with my sales person he likes to "turn the tables" and tell me the delay is caused by the options I choose. Of course that discussion goes no where when I offer to remove the options that are holding up the build.

I told him I was open to placing another order with another dealer for a basic van with few options. He then stated that the dealer would lose the original van order as it goes back to Ford to decide what dealer gets it. That"s hard to believe given how many dealers are marking up the vehicles that customers decided not to buy. Is there any truth to what my dealer stated about Ford reassigning customer ordered vans to different dealers?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
A few days ago when I called Ford Marketing they mentioned I had a private offer from Ford but would not tell me any details. I asked my dealer and they said they don't know and Ford makes the information known when a VIN is established. I have a R2X originally ordered in June of 2021. Still at priority 19 with my 2023 order.
When I ordered my 2022 Transit from Crossley, Pam could not confirm my Private Offer was valid for the purchase until I had a VIN. The offer was for many $K off an F150, and $750 for almost anything else. She made a copy of the docs to work it out when I did get the VIN and the offer could be applied.

Since then I've heard from a salesperson, and read on the net, that the dealer can at least validate a Private Offer is valid by putting a comparable VIN into the system (Smart VINCENT?).

I think CVM said Ford had already posted some 2023's to Crossley's website, so you could try one of those VIN's. And even better, it looks like there is a "Check Your Private Offer" button on Crossley's website for all the vehicles, so you can check it yourself [if you know what your offer code is ... mine had come via postal mail as glossy advertisements].

[Edit: Just tried the link on the Crossley website, and sadly it might just be a lead generator].

[Edit 2: Just called Ford Marketing and they said I had no Private Offers available. I'll assume that is correct, but don't know if they should be able to see them in the first place.]

·
Registered
104 Posts
A few days ago when I called Ford Marketing they mentioned I had a private offer from Ford but would not tell me any details.
Same with me about a month ago. I was unable to get any information on exactly what it was. I did a Google search but nothing came up either. Should have tried Bing or the Wizard of Oz (aka "they" as "they" know everything.

Speaking of which, has anybody actually gotten an email from Ford, officially saying your 2022 Transit order has been cancelled (Balanced Out)?

Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same with me about a month ago. I was unable to get any information on exactly what it was. I did a Google search but nothing came up either. Should have tried Bing or the Wizard of Oz (aka "they" as "they" know everything.

Speaking of which, has anybody actually gotten an email from Ford, officially saying your 2022 Transit order has been cancelled (Balanced Out)?

Bill
Not I! Have to try to find everything out on this forum. Still trying to figure out our next move. Waiting to hear if Ford is going to give us a private offer for a "balanced out" 2022 COVP order? Ed built out a 2023 order but it has not been sent in as I can not make a move until we get a decision on whether something will be done to buffer the increased cost. If that does not happen...who knows:cry:

·
Registered
128 Posts
quick update.
Last week I sent a certified letter to Ford Customer Relationship Center detailing my experience ordering a 2022 that was balanced out and Ford's lack of info / emails / etc

Surprisingly, I received a call from a Ford Consumer Affairs rep that went over some info. Most of which was old news but he assured me he would look into priority scheduling and the possibility of the private offer to offset some of the 2023 price increase. I'm not holding my breath for any substantial news but at least someone contacted me from Ford and was willing to listen and possibly get more info for a reorder in 2023.
Fingers crossed and I'll update with any news.

241 - 260 of 305 Posts