Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Ford finally does 'Balance Out' 2022 Transit orders

33210 Views 366 Replies 83 Participants Last post by  brianhadley
Well....it has finally happened. Overnight Ford has moved all of our 'Unscheduled - Clean' orders to 'Unscheduled - Balanced Out' status. That will end any 2022 unscheduled Transits to be built. Now we just need to know what is going to happen with price protection (if any at all) and if there is any build priority for 2022 orders that were not scheduled.

I have been telling our customers to request a build out of their 2023 order and make any changes needed. We may hold off submitting those 2023 orders until Ford gives us direction on the other mentioned questions above. Once we know more details on the 2022 to 2023 transition, I will continue to place a forum thread for those changes.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
I can see them maybe giving us a "free" tank of gas now that gas prices have come down.

Sure makes me thankful I ordered the extended range tank!

Balanced out 2 years in a row now.
Fellow Canadian balanced out for 2 years in a row as well. I have a 23 order in but my confidence is about 5%. I’ll keep the order active and I think just stop paying attention and maybe it will show up. Happened with a Norton motorcycle I ordered in 2012 when company restarted-3 years later I received a call that my bike was here——um , what bike?

· Registered
421 Posts
Boy, I'm sure glad that we didn't buy a lot of conversion stuff that we planned to use in the build! It was really tempting.
wish i could say the same. when i built out the 2020, that i sold, it was beginning of covid and i had a van but could then get no parts. windows being the worst and waited 6 months. So I thought i was being proactive and I have been buying parts since i put my first order in Feb 21 when i saw they were in stock or before inevitable price increase. i have windows, truma combi, fridge, Awning, and a lot of systems just sitting on a shelf but now have no van to put them in 18 months later. i keep trying to tell myself i saved $ since everything is more $ now, but.... Sadly propane tanks are unobtainium right now and i have one for my van but am going to be forced to use it in a sprinter im building for a client. so i guess that is good..

I'd love to know how many of us have been balanced out twice.
im one, i think us in canada are getting the shaft even more so than the 'mericans. Ford sends one every once in a while just so we dont lose the "canada nice" but keep most for the US. My dealer has informed me that we should put in a 2023 order but as it stands right now there is zero allocation for canadian dealers (from regional rep directly)

· Registered
421 Posts
If Ford extended the 2022 model scheduling out to December as has been done since 2019, those ordered 2022 models would have parts to build them based on a later scheduling date.
I for one completely understand Ford trying to get back to normal with the model year after they were forced to move away form that with the pandemic. Making a 22 into the 23 calendar year is just silly. before you even take delivery its already a year old as far as resale/blue book/financing is concerned. they have to do what they have to do to get back to a normal schedule.

SOOO, you wont hear me whining about that. but they should be offering some kind of priority and price protection. and i know priority is harder since they group like body/builds together. but according to the R2X spread sheet out there--there are an awful lot of like builds that could be prioritized together..........

and Am I in no way shape or form saying ford is an “acceptable company” I can honestly say it has to be one of the worst run companies I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. And I worked in sports apparel manufacturing, bunch of “kids” who think it’s fun to work in sports industry with no idea what the **** they are doing…… still never had operation/supply/logistics problems like I have seen with ford

· Registered
421 Posts
Any remaining thoughts that i had that Ford was an honorable company, which were very very very low at this point. and honestly--never been very high, Henry Ford was an @$%&. but i still liked the brand, my favorite car of all time is 63 galaxie 390 vert. BUT, i find it very weird that 22 orders were balanced out or just pushed and pushed and pushed because of lack of "techy" items. funny a few short days after the 22 were balanced out they now have a shipment of sync4 and other items and scheduling and assigning VINS for the more $ 23 models that appear to be loaded. very fishy indeed.

my confidence in getting the 3rd model year in a row order is still at 5%

· Registered
421 Posts
The ibuprofen that I just took for my lousy left rotator cuff disagrees! 😃

Messed up shoulder aside, I've always hated sliding doors. I WISH they offered the barn doors on the high-roof model, because I'd have paid any reasonable amount of money for those instead of a sliding door, powered or not. The power slider is my way of assuaging my intense dislike of the zzzzzzzzzzzwhump . . . wait dang it that didn't do it, let me try again zzzZZZWHUMP okay there now it's closed.

Honest to god it was the feature of a new van that I was looking forward to more than almost anything else. Everything else was more of a nice-to-have, but I'd have done without if they weren't available. Like seriously, I'd have dropped the Ecoboost, the Synch4, the adaptive cruise (as long as I still got basic cruise), 360 camera, blind spot, all of that if it meant getting a van. That stuff was more "oh that's cool I might as well".

But dang do I want that power sliding door.
funny i have started to shop 4x4 econolines again, most 4x4 have barn doors (clears larger tires easier) and i thought to myself--well thats a win. i loved the bard doors on my old econoline 4x4 7.3L diesel

· Registered
421 Posts
You may not care for the brand but Mercedes isn't the company who just cancelled thousands of van orders with zero communication to their customers or dealer network. I run a van-related fb group with thousands of members and many of them had no idea their Transit order had even been "balanced out" until I posted after reading this forum. The lack of basic, adult communication, responsibility for the situation and an action plan in place from a company as large as Ford is unconscionable.
my local MB dealer had 31 orders in, 29 were cancelled and only 2 delivered. 1 of those 2 is in my shop to be converted. there are several items missing that were ordered, several replaced with what they had on hand. zero communication as in none. MB, in typical german fashion, said this is what we did and we know better than you, we are MB--so either you take it or not

· Registered
421 Posts
I am getting very confused...I have been following various threads here regarding an order I did in January 28th 2022 for Transit with adventure PKG. I have an order number and Dealer so when people started talking about balanced out vans for 2022, I called Customer support for Canada as I'm in Vancouver area. Crystal said it was balanced out...of course my dealer said nothing as they had no idea till I told them. Then they wanted to sell me vans that were commercial orders that were cancelled but had arrived...at heinously inflated prices...the first one was $10K over MSRP...that sold overnight, so the next one he tells me they want $16K over MSRP! So then I'm looking here and see that maybe I'd get a personal offer to build in 2023 order if I have a COVP (Customer support could not tell me what COVP stands for?) So I dont know if I have a COVP....I also do not know if it is applicable to Canadian customers. I dont want to go into the dealer until I have all my ducks in a row as my dealer wants me to re-order for 2023, but are warning me it will be $10K more expensive. So I call Customer support one more time with order # and dealer number and they now say it is "in process" and should be built...eh? The customer support person could not tell me anything else...said it was not balanced out...what gives? I've received no email saying what the status is so I do not want to go to the dealer and have them cancel my 2022 order so they can hose me more money for a 2023...can anybody help?
We do not have COVP in Canada, so disregard everything you read that involves it

· Registered
421 Posts
They have a long way to go Ford Canada are in serious competition with Canada Post in my opinion at the moment
truer words have never been spoken

· Registered
421 Posts
Well said...my feelings exactly. Almost 19 months in the queue and I'm pretty much ready to give up.
We get extra screwed in Canada. I’m at 21 months and I have all but given up, or taking the watched pot never boils outlook so stopped paying attention. I put in another order with another dealer I met who was more knowledgeable (and a different body style, extended vs regular) and have a sprinter order in as well. Which ever shows up first.

my Honda dealer called me last week to tell me the bike I had on order since right after Christmas last year was here….., just in time for no ride in Quebec season

1 - 9 of 9 Posts