Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....it has finally happened. Overnight Ford has moved all of our 'Unscheduled - Clean' orders to 'Unscheduled - Balanced Out' status. That will end any 2022 unscheduled Transits to be built. Now we just need to know what is going to happen with price protection (if any at all) and if there is any build priority for 2022 orders that were not scheduled.

I have been telling our customers to request a build out of their 2023 order and make any changes needed. We may hold off submitting those 2023 orders until Ford gives us direction on the other mentioned questions above. Once we know more details on the 2022 to 2023 transition, I will continue to place a forum thread for those changes.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
"lack of parts" does not explain why feature loaded 2023 vans are already being scheduled and vin#'s assigned while 2022 vans are cancelled. "Lack of parts" does not explain why FMC can't bother to email 2022 customers with updates, lack of parts does not explain why FMC can't tell us if priority or price protection is coming or not. Lack of parts does not explain why 2022 Ford Maverick order customers received emails explaining reason for cancellations, the path forward to order 23 trucks and that private offers would be coming while leaving Transit orders in the dark.

p.s. sorry, I'm a bit cranky with FORD.
The special high end Transit parts that were ordered months ago for the 2022 models are arriving later than expected and are now available for the incoming 2023 Transit orders. If Ford extended the 2022 model scheduling out to December as has been done since 2019, those ordered 2022 models would have parts to build them based on a later scheduling date.

Likewise those parts are now going into the 2023 models and in most cases for ones who just ordered a 2023 model and paying a higher price for that vehicle.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
The current 2023 Transit orders that Ford is previewing for scheduling are ones with base V-6 engine, Oxford White exterior, and base audio packages. We still do not have any special codes to move the updated 2022 orders ahead of the 2023 ones that are currently being entered into the system. I sent a email to my contacts in Dearborn yesterday to get a official word on the things that seem to be coming from other dealers about price protection and/or private offers.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
So communicating with the Ford Transit Brand Group and here is what they are telling me at this point.

'We have not finalized the decision on price protection or private offer at this time. We are working on the transfer codes for moving the 2022 orders into a higher priority scheduling and I will get those to you once they are finalized.'

I have the 18 page bulletin that covers the Fleet & Commercial Transits and ALL other vehicles related to Fleet/Commercial designations. So waiting for this same bulletin that covers the Retail Customer orders and will have this once it is sent to me. As stated before the Commercial & Fleet Transit orders do not have any price protection.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
So, if we have a my22’ van order with you , do we wait or submit a my 23 and get whatever ford plans for us ( price protection , priority ) added after , or once we submit our my23 order would it be too late to add?
Best to request the 2023 preview order and update it to your choices and then wait for Ford on their decisions on the price protection/private offer and the priority for scheduling the 2022 customers to a earlier 2023 scheduling date.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
I had 61 2022 Transit orders that did not get scheduled so that is lost time and money with both the customer and myself. We only get paid for delivered vehicles so now may have to work twice as hard just to possibly get one Transit built.

Ford's problem was a shorter production schedule and not the right parts in place based on the Transit orders placed by the customer/dealer. Then no proper planning for the unscheduled 2022 orders going to a 2023 model and letting the dealers know all of the procedures to handle it with the customer.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
If you want the Power Sliding Side Door, order it. You may be waiting a long time but we had a similar situation in 2020 when all of the PSD orders went to the last month of production (November) for the 2020 model and then when the 2021 models went to production, they seemed to come out in a normal flow. I am sure that all of the orders Ford placed to the vendor source for the PSD for the 2022 model are now finally arriving at the assembly plant so curious to see how quick we see a 2023 model with the option listed as a scheduled vehicle.

I will be checking every scheduled 2023 Transit to see when the first one comes up being scheduled and when that build date will be. I would think it may be close to January 2023 but may be earlier. Stay tuned!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts