Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you orderd a 2022 and have not recieved anything from Ford the odds of getting a van are slim to none. All 2022's without a Vin# were cancelled as of July 11.
The dealership told me that it would most likely be a 2023 model. I put down a $500 deposit with my order and I'm wondering if it's normal for me to not have received any formal recognition from Ford about my order for almost a year now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Once it is in the Ford COVP system you should receive an email from Ford accepting the order. The 2022 order does not automatically change to 2023. There are price differences of between $5k-$7K and option changes. Your dealer must resubmit the order for 2023. If you have not received any email from Ford Motor Co. more than likely your dealer is full of B.S.
If you know the "Sales Code" and "Order Code" from your order, you can call Ford's 800-392-FORD number and ask them to check the status of it. If you have neither the Sales Code or Order Code, then you are at the whim of the dealer for what you'll know ... but if they tell you "we haven't heard anything", or the equivalent, assume the worst..., and then get your deposit back and find a dealer who knows what they're doing.

Thanks for that! I've emailed my dealer and will see what they say

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welp looks like my dealer dropped the ball on my order. I placed an order through Mossy Ford in San Diego on September 2021. I kept getting the runaround all year. After reading this thread, it was apparent that all 2022 models were gone, and that if anything, my order should have been placed for a 2023 model. The dealership did not place that order, and now I'm back at square one. I did get my $500 deposit finally after calling them, since they stopped responding to my texts and email.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the email that they got my order, but I'm told that I still need to sign and reply another email before it's official that my order is in. We are patiently waiting still for that email.

Should we go ahead and try to place another order through another dealership?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts