Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
I'm definitely not on Ford's side of this argument, they failed miserably on many levels. The question is if there is any real legal recourse and remedy for the retail customer.

I see several significant hurdles to prove this through Contract Law (disclaimer, this in not a legal opinion).

The first is the long standing business arrangment where the manufacture does NOT sell direct, but through an independant business (dealership). The purchaser's agreement is with the dealer, not the manufacture. IF there was agreement between the purchaser and manufacturer (Ford) where is the contract?

Second, just because Ford sent you and "update" email informing you about the status of your Van's build, in no way establishes contract or agreement between the manufacturer and the purchaser, its simply an update.

Think for a minute the largest automotive liabilty law firm in the counry gives an concern to such a leagal pursuit I think your kidding yourself. I've worked with them on previous litigation (VW Dieselgate). Take a look at their web site, you'll notice that there is one word repeated "Billions" in settelments. Why? because these are cases with massive numbers of plaintiffs, not a few hundred (if that) in this scenacrio withe 2022 Tranists. They want the big money with slam dunk evidence. Not seeing that here.

Best bet: work with Ford to get a private offer or buy a Sprinter. Life is short, legal settlements are long winded. If you want vindication, get the private offer and move on with van build.

JMHO
Both FMC & the Dealerships need to be held accountable for screwing so many people! I say bring legal action against both of them in addition to posting videos everywhere on social media about this massive fiasco 馃槨

Registered
Have you figured out which dealer you are going to order your 2023 from? If you have placed your order or picked a dealership how did you make sure that your chosen dealer is not one that "screwed so many people"..?
I am going with CrewVanMan through Crossley Ford in KC...but I am sitting here contemplating if I am actually going to proceed because I don't want to give up so many of the options. If I submit with all the options I want, I will probably be screwed one year from now...so I just don't know at the moment what I am going to do?

Registered
Been waiting for over 2 months to get a directive from Ford on how they are handling the 2022 Transit production and what would be the changes going to the 2023 model. Even now with the 2022 models 'Balanced Out' we have no definitive answer for price protection, Ford private offer, or how we can take the 2022 orders to get them priority build preference to a 2023 model.
It seems like the Dealerships should also have some sort of legal recourse against Ford? The customers can go after both the Dealerships & Ford鈥 that鈥檚 how I see it.

Registered
There are a few issues; one, should a dealer consider legal action against its supplier? What are the fallouts even if they win? Would their allocations be "adjusted"? Could they even do this based on their agreement with Ford or is there a loophole for Ford to jump through? And how can a customer "go after Ford", again where is the written or assumed contract? Not as straightforward as one would hope. At the end of the day, Ford may be more concerned with its public image being tarnished than legal action, because they have massive legal resources both internally (attorneys that work full time for Ford) and externally (firms on retainer). Bottom line; if you expect to win, know the facts and calculate the odds because I guarantee they will.
Members here are already contacting Hagens Berman www.hbsslaw.com If enough members here who have been screwed by Ford & Dealerships contact this law firm maybe they will see if there is a potential case here. Members here should not sweat or wonder if they have been screwed enough to have a case鈥 that is what the attorneys are for鈥. Just fricken contact the firm with the details of how you have been screwed and let them know there are probably a couple hundred here at this forum in the same boat.
There are a few issues; one, should a dealer consider legal action against its supplier? What are the fallouts even if they win? Would their allocations be "adjusted"? Could they even do this based on their agreement with Ford or is there a loophole for Ford to jump through? And how can a customer "go after Ford", again where is the written or assumed contract? Not as straightforward as one would hope. At the end of the day, Ford may be more concerned with its public image being tarnished than legal action, because they have massive legal resources both internally (attorneys that work full time for Ford) and externally (firms on retainer). Bottom line; if you expect to win, know the facts and calculate the odds because I guarantee they will.
Members here that have been screwed by Ford &/or Dealerships are already contacting Class Action Lawsuits | International Law Firm | Hagens Berman Hopefully many, many members here will contact this firm. The attorneys will evaluate the complaints and situation of the customers and they will evaluate if there is enough wrong doing to take action against Ford. Members, just contact them with your story/situation and see what happens.

Registered
I get but with 30 to 40 each day, then calls from all over the USA about Transits, it has become more than just a full time job.
Ed, you bring in a sh*t load of sales for Crossley Ford and with your knowledge about Transits, you are very valuable to that dealership. Go to Mr. Crossley and demand another person be assigned to help you with your work load and demand an increase in your commission/pay. You have leverage here, Ed, use it 馃挭

Registered
And what if there are no parts? Be real - we are in a pandemic. Life is not normal鈥
Yup saw that. But, Mavericks are not transits and this is a 鈥減rivate offer鈥濃.and no van has been built yet! Why? No parts鈥.
It comes down parts and what vans need what parts to be built. No parts, no vans - simple.
WTF 馃槨 Are you defending Ford? Eeeeww! Ford and various Dealerships have screwed and double screwed members here for over 2 years! FORD SUCKS AND THEY CONTINUE TO SUCK鈥imple.

Registered
So to be clear, these are 3 separate dealers who have decided to price protect.
I ditto P. Fluffy 馃憤. TWinKC, since these 3 dealerships are really helping their customers, could you please post the names of the dealerships and sales people handling these orders. Maybe other members here would like to place orders through them?

Registered
I'm not going to provide that publicly. Just as I did not provide the name of my original dealer, who I didn't have a good experience with. I'm not here to shame or lift up any Ford dealer in particular.
I don't get you 馃槧馃檨. There are a lot of dealerships out there that have done some real shitty things to folks who have ordered Transits. The good, honest dealerships out there should be recognized and praised, and the dishonest, price gouging dealerships SHOULD BE PUBLICLY SHAMED AND EXPOSED!

Registered
This is my new rap name.
Yo,
He鈥檚 the Princess up in da Transit group, just a chillin鈥 with the latest scoop.
Wearin鈥 his Fluffy Pants, bustin鈥 his gangster rants鈥
Getting tired and bored just a waiting on Ford鈥
With no Transit power sliding door, he might just become a Sprinter Wh*ore!
He鈥檚 our Notorious P. Fluffy,
just wanting a van to drive in the Buffy.
WORD 馃槑

Registered
quick update.
Last week I sent a certified letter to Ford Customer Relationship Center detailing my experience ordering a 2022 that was balanced out and Ford's lack of info / emails / etc

Surprisingly, I received a call from a Ford Consumer Affairs rep that went over some info. Most of which was old news but he assured me he would look into priority scheduling and the possibility of the private offer to offset some of the 2023 price increase. I'm not holding my breath for any substantial news but at least someone contacted me from Ford and was willing to listen and possibly get more info for a reorder in 2023.
Fingers crossed and I'll update with any news.
I think by you sending it 鈥淐ertified鈥 made them respond to you the way they did. Everyone should send their correspondence to Ford by 鈥淐ertified Mail鈥

1 - 15 of 15 Posts