Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ford pulled a bait and switch. They offered a product a customer could special order for a given price then refused to provide the product unless the customer pays significantly more for said item upon delivery.

Probably not illegal, but definitely unethical.

·
Registered
145 Posts
IF you have a 2022 order that was balanced out first call your sales person at the dealership and discuss it with them. Then call Ford at their customer support number that has been spoken about so many times on this forum. Be nice, being rude won't help, the customer support line is only messenger. They will open a case for your concerns and assign it a number. Have relevant info like dealer name, when you ordered, sales person name, etc., its a process to work through. Ask them about the Private Offer they have given others (not on Transits as of yet) see what they say, take notes about what what discussed to keep track of it.
IMO you're wasting your time and energy. I've already done the phone calls many multiple times over 2 months, opened a case and just got off the phone with a supervisor on my case after a week wait for the callback. No new info about anything other than, "Call your dealer, they know more than we do".
I'm done wasting my time and being more aggravated after the conversations with FMC.
My dealer, (Crossley) has told me their regional rep said, NO private offer is coming from FMC. End of story.

·
Registered
145 Posts
....., not those suggesting a calculated approach to a solution.
That's the rub. most here have already completed your "calculated approach" ad nauseum. "be nice to FMC when calling, their just the messengers" ask politely for price protection, private offers, hope for priority. etc. Even CVM (who does work with / for a Ford Dealer) is advocating for an attorney involvement.. I sort of understand where you are coming from but frankly your advice has been tried repeatedly and failed to produce any meaningful action or information.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got my 2023 order in through Crossley earlier this week and have the "confirmation" email from Ford as well. ....
did Crossley submit your MY23 order on their own, or did you have to push them to get on it?

Last news I received from Ed was they were waiting for information from Ford to work out the crossover orders and priority issues before submitting MY23 orders.
I feel like I'm already getting hosed from both sides again.. :mad:

·
Registered
145 Posts
For me, I didn't want to wait for Ford to figure out their plans and relay those to the dealers. The price increase is a crappy situation, but I have the privilege of being able to save that money while I wait for the van.

At best, I'm in the queue for a 2023 now and maybe I'll get picked for scheduling soon based on the availability of the higher end electronics my build has.
At worst, I rushed that 2023 order and there may be some additional work to get the "special priority" and/or private offer.
I guess the worst-case scenario is that by submitting the 2023 order I have screwed myself out of "special priority" and/or the private offer but since I still have a 2022 order in the system, I think the chances of that are somewhat low.
IMO - you probably did the right thing to have the best chance of getting a van.
I wouldn't trust FMC to pull off this priority idea with any success. The 2023 order banks are open and there is already at least one fully loaded MY23 submitted and scheduled with a Vin on this forum ahead of Balanced out 2022's. How could Ford prioritize anything if their procedure hasn't even been finalized. :mad:

·
Registered
145 Posts
...... and a health issue that has been in a critical situation for a recent blood clot. I have been trying to communicate via emails with the ones I get but with 30 to 40 each day, then calls from all over the USA about Transits, it has become more than just a full time job.
Ed, You should not have to be the only person at Crossley to take on the entire burden of informing their customers. Can't Kayla or others do some of the work?

·
Registered
145 Posts
And what if there are no parts? Be real - we are in a pandemic. Life is not normal
"lack of parts" does not explain why feature loaded 2023 vans are already being scheduled and vin#'s assigned while 2022 vans are cancelled. "Lack of parts" does not explain why FMC can't bother to email 2022 customers with updates, lack of parts does not explain why FMC can't tell us if priority or price protection is coming or not. Lack of parts does not explain why 2022 Ford Maverick order customers received emails explaining reason for cancellations, the path forward to order 23 trucks and that private offers would be coming while leaving Transit orders in the dark.

p.s. sorry, I'm a bit cranky with FORD.

·
Registered
145 Posts
List the VIN #s of those ‘23 “feature loaded” customer vans. Did all Maverick customers receive the email? List those that didn’t.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yup saw that. But, Mavericks are not transits and this is a “private offer” so $500, $1000 that’s not price protection for the $6000 increase in transit costs.

I saw that too but way too few details to know who really provided the price protection - could be a single order for that dealer and they decided to eat the difference - and no van has been built yet! Why? No parts.

It comes down parts and what vans need what parts to be built. No parts, no vans - simple.
yes, I get that lack of parts caused this debacle. My point is that FoMoCo's response to its customers in 2022 has been incompetent at best and **** near unethical at worst. That you are practically alone on this forum in your defending FORD should tell you something.

·
Registered
145 Posts
During a pandemic when things aren’t normal? What are they suppose to do - make parts magically appear?

just read my original email from ford and nowhere does it guarantee a van.
😂 ok, lying to customers is ok as long as a "Pandemic" is occurring. 😂😂😂😂
I'm out. good luck with Ford in the future and I hope the cost of your 23 Transit didn't go up too much.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would like an official letter, email, or a name of someone who is an authorized Ford person that can tell us about price protection from a 2022 to a 2023 model. I have the letter that I talked about NO price protection on the Transit Commercial and Fleet vehicles. Waiting for the one which states the situation on the Transit Retail Customer.
CVM, everytime I speak with FORD marketing dept. at 800-392-3673, they say the only people with information regarding 22 - 23 orders are your regional reps. Are they not giving you info? If not, why not. Post a direct line to them and let us inquire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dealer just confirmed some information from their FORD Regional Rep: A special code from Ford to get priority for a 22 to 2023 reorder but no time frame available, silence on price protection or private offer coming from FORD which means "You'll get nothing and like it." :mad:

·
Registered
145 Posts
What does that even mean? A "Special Code"? Is there a Secret Handshake too? A Dead Drop point? 🤔
something about a FORD provided code input during reorder to get priority. The dealer did not have the codes or know when they would be provided. :rolleyes:

p.s. I'm not putting any trust in any of this info, nor should anyone else - IMO. Other than, I do believe, no private offer or price protection will be provided.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts