Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am working with another dealer who may be taking X-Plan orders on the Transit. Working on the final details now but they be only taking a certain number of X-Plan orders.
If someone decided to go with a lower version of the electronics instead of the sync 4 with the 12 inch screen, what all would you loose besides the 12 inch screen? Just rode in a friends 2021 with the 8 inch screen. It seems plenty big. I did not notice anything else in particular missing. It had a backup camera and navigation. Just wondering if I really do need all of those fancy electronics.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If someone decided to go with a lower version of the electronics instead of the sync 4 with the 12 inch screen, what all would you loose besides the 12 inch screen? Just rode in a friends 2021 with the 8 inch screen. It seems plenty big. I did not notice anything else in particular missing. It had a backup camera and navigation. Just wondering if I really do need all of those fancy electronics.
Also, had my 115 pound wife try out the manual door. She seemed to be fine with it. Wondering if that might just be one more thing that can break and can easily be done without, not to mention the delay in van build if included.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had 61 2022 Transit orders that did not get scheduled so that is lost time and money with both the customer and myself. We only get paid for delivered vehicles so now may have to work twice as hard just to possibly get one Transit built.

Ford's problem was a shorter production schedule and not the right parts in place based on the Transit orders placed by the customer/dealer. Then no proper planning for the unscheduled 2022 orders going to a 2023 model and letting the dealers know all of the procedures to handle it with the customer.
How many total orders did you make Ed? And how many got built?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts