Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2021 Power Sliding Door that also has a van attached to it
608 Posts
I wonder if people who had to drop their much-desired PSD from their 2022 (But still have a VIN and are still being told their 2022 will be built) would also be eligible for that priority if we also order a 2023.

· Registered
608 Posts
W3U with pretty much everything.
Well, no power sliding door at least.
If they started scheduling PSDs in September after forcing me to remove it for an August build…well let’s be honest that I’m powerless in this situation, but I’d still be very upset.

· Registered
608 Posts
Just called the Marketing number and found out my 2023 order that was submitted on July 5th has a VIN with a build date of 9/12/22. Go figure. I would have preferred to have my 2022 order fulfilled and not pay the extra $6k!!
What is your dealer and salesperson?

Edit: never mind I’m dumb. It’s on your build sheet.

· Registered
608 Posts
I did not order the PSD on my '22 HR, EXT, AWD because I thought $900. was excessive and I was concerned about things getting trapped in it when closing. I also did not want to pay to have it repaired when its breaks. I'm not the Hulk, and I can assure you after living with my van 3 months it was the right decision for me. The sliding door is well balanced and very easy to close. IF you've had a shoulder replacement I get the need, but otherwise, you may want to drop the PSD. JMHO
The ibuprofen that I just took for my lousy left rotator cuff disagrees! 😃

Messed up shoulder aside, I've always hated sliding doors. I WISH they offered the barn doors on the high-roof model, because I'd have paid any reasonable amount of money for those instead of a sliding door, powered or not. The power slider is my way of assuaging my intense dislike of the zzzzzzzzzzzwhump . . . wait dang it that didn't do it, let me try again zzzZZZWHUMP okay there now it's closed.

Honest to god it was the feature of a new van that I was looking forward to more than almost anything else. Everything else was more of a nice-to-have, but I'd have done without if they weren't available. Like seriously, I'd have dropped the Ecoboost, the Synch4, the adaptive cruise (as long as I still got basic cruise), 360 camera, blind spot, all of that if it meant getting a van. That stuff was more "oh that's cool I might as well".

But dang do I want that power sliding door.

· Registered
608 Posts
I’m going to be VERY curious if you get your window sticker 10 days before the build date. You are 10 days ahead of me and I’m still skeptical that it will happen.
I'll be F5ing the website like a madman on July 29th.

· Registered
608 Posts
funny i have started to shop 4x4 econolines again, most 4x4 have barn doors (clears larger tires easier) and i thought to myself--well thats a win. i loved the bard doors on my old econoline 4x4 7.3L diesel
My old van was a 2008 E-350 with a 20" fiberglass high roof, a former wheelchair van with the 6.8L V-10 and barn doors. His name was Chester (Because when I showed it to my friend, the first words out of her mouth were "Oh god that's the sort of van that Chester the Molester would drive". And the name stuck)

Sadly he was stolen in June 2021, and the police found him a few weeks later completely gutted and stripped. Insurance wrote it off (and actually paid me twice what I'd paid for him).

I still miss him. :(

· Registered
608 Posts
If it makes anyone feel better, a lot of these dealerships are going to be in a very tight spot in 3-6 months. The used car bubble is popping, repossession rates are skyrocketing and there's no more of these "stimmy ballers" propping up their car payments with stimulus checks. I'm not sure what that means for the van market, as obviously the Transit is still supply constrained and it doesn't seem like that is changing anytime soon.

But I suspect that in a few months time you're going to see a LOT of supply on the market just as demand is cratering due to tightened lending restrictions. Gone are the days when being able to put down $1k and fog a mirror would get you a note with 140% LTV.

· Registered
608 Posts
Just all talk. I got the word today Ford will NOT be giving price protection for retail customer orders. They are looking at a possible private offer at this point and I have suggested to them for the last 2 months to do a $6000 rebate certificate that would go to any 2022 COVP customer order and could be used at ANY Ford dealer where you would order a 2023 model.
Do you know if this private offer would extend to people who have VINs but had to have their Power Sliding Doors removed?

· Registered
608 Posts
quick update.
Last week I sent a certified letter to Ford Customer Relationship Center detailing my experience ordering a 2022 that was balanced out and Ford's lack of info / emails / etc
Mind letting us know what that address was?

· Registered
608 Posts
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

They received my letter on Wednesday and called me back yesterday. The rep even said he contacted my dealer to discuss the order. I sent all the emails from Ford over the last 7 months and included my order form as well.
Awesome. Drafting my own letter now.

· Registered
608 Posts
I think by you sending it “Certified” made them respond to you the way they did. Everyone should send their correspondence to Ford by “Certified Mail”
I’m just about to wander down to the local post office and send mine.

· Registered
608 Posts
Why not look into a retrofit? There are 2 commercially available options that have been posted.
I think both of those options restrict how far the door opens by a significant amount, by something like 14".

They're also REALLY expensive to have installed, I recall some people throwing around numbers like $4,000-$6,000.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts