Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
733 Posts
If the people that got cancelled out twice used the same dealer both times, they should think hard about getting another dealer.

This notion circulating that you should reorder your van with the same dealer and use the same order code for a build priority is total BS by Ford. They know who ordered and got canceled. Use the persons name! Not some dealer order code. Let people reward good dealers by switching and getting build priority instead of locking them down with a dealer who didn't produce AND didn't bother to communicate.

The franchise dealer model works great when you only want to be a manufacturer. But when the wheels fall off your manufacturing side your corporate managers need to step up and do the new job created by the problem. That's management's job. Address the current times. Don't wait for the good old days to return.

Now I need to call my cable provider. I want to discuss why they think my role is to be their onsite tech staff when I'm the actual paying customer. I'll stop typing now, but the rant goes on.

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
733 Posts
You only just received that nonsense/doublespeak email? On 4 August! Everyone else got it a month ago. It was just as useless in June/July, but still. Ford has the worst systems.
Bet his dealer finally put in his email address into the system!

These 45 day emails just get me twisted!

So Ford adopted a new ordering system for customers with a communication component and NO goal to communicate. They left that up to the dealer as an option. But they required a drivers license and address, with no requirement for a valid email contact and no plan for mailing. Every two bit online entity wants you to validate your email, type twice. Not Ford. Mail you at your address? Only advertising, no updates.

Then when they finally decided they needed a timed update, do they look at any data? Does management ask, how often have we been communicating, what method, what percentage of buyers, what do we say? Not Ford. They don't know that some folks have received 20+ updates, some days apart, telling them nothing new.

They failed on developing a communication plan and failed at evaluating what their own data could tell them. These are not supply chain issues. They are management failures at a very basic level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts